Author Topic: prizes not configured  (Read 4151 times)

hemi 06

• View Profile
prizes not configured
« on: May 11, 2006, 11:28:33 AM »
  Any help out there guys?

I run a small home league that runs strictly off of points.  When I start tournys the screen says prizes not configured.  Can i put my point formula in the prize section or how do I get it to stop saying that?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: prizes not configured
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 11:47:35 AM »
Prizes can be created that award cash (part of the pot), points, or both.  But the points awarded are, at the moment, strictly static.  No formulas or percentages.

The prizes do not need to be configured in order to run a tournament (I'm assuming you know this already).  But the software will of course warn you about that.  If you just want to turn that message off, go to the Preferences tab and press the Status Msgs button.  There you can customize the status messages that display before (and during) your tournament.  Create a new Status Message set by pressing the "New" button.  This will create a copy of the default status message set.  On the right, uncheck the "Enabled" box for the "Prizes not setup" status message.  Make sure you leave the new status message set selected in the "Status Messages Set" pane on the left, as the selected one is the one that will be used.

hemi 06

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 09:11:14 AM »
thanks corey, but i wanted the amount of points for each place to show up at the bottom of the main tourny screen

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 11:24:37 AM »
Edit the Prizes cell on the Layout tab.  Change the attributes showAmounts="false" and showPoints="true" to the <prizes> token.  For example, if you're using the built-in layout, change

<prizes orient="horizontal">

to

<prizes orient="horizontal" showAmounts="false" showPoints="true">

Linkan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 03:25:16 AM »
I think showPoints="true" should include the "points for playing" to. As it is now, it doesn't seem to work that way.
/Linkan

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 10:58:09 AM »
"Points for Playing" aren't prizes.

Linkan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 04:53:22 AM »
Still I think there should be a way to show total points awarded for a place. Perhaps add an attribute includePfP="true" which includes "ponts for playing" in the prizes?
/Linkan

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 10:25:11 AM »
But "Points for Playing" isn't necessarily based on rank.  It could be affected by any number of things, like number of hits made, how much the player paid to buy-in to the tournament, how many times the player rebought, and therefore it could be completely different for different players.

Linkan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 07:09:11 AM »
Thats true, it might be. But if it is not included by default, it could still be nice to be able to include it for us who do not use hits etc for the points system.
/Linkan

_Hithere_

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 02:20:37 PM »
You can always award 0 points for playing, and configure your prizes with the correct totals.  (If the totals depend on number of players, the new automatic prizes option will allow that to be automated as well. 
If you need to configure more prizes than you want to display, just turn the display box off for the "invisible" point awards

$lick_ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 10:37:59 PM »
instead of having your points display as 'prizes', just check the stats tab after the tournament to see what everyone earned, as long as you have a correct point formula...