Author Topic: Import data into MySQL / CSV exporting issues  (Read 919 times)

Volatile

• View Profile
Import data into MySQL / CSV exporting issues
« on: October 24, 2011, 06:33:45 PM »
Hello,

I'm trying to find a good way to integrate tourney results from TDD into a site that I've put together using PHP / MySQL...  I originally thought I'd just use the HTML export, and modify the CSS to match my site, but I'd really like to get this data into MySQL, so I could do more with it.

So, I'm guessing the best way to accomplish this would be to export to CSV, then import into my DB.

It looks like the most complete CSV file is the one you get by selecting Export > HomePokerTour, however, I'm not getting any results in the hitman field.  Do you know why this is, and is there a fix?

Is there any other way to create a custom CSV file?

Any other ideas for integrating the tourney data into a MySQL DB is greatly appreciated.

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Import data into MySQL / CSV exporting issues
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:01:52 AM »
It looks like the most complete CSV file is the one you get by selecting Export > HomePokerTour, however, I'm not getting any results in the hitman field.  Do you know why this is, and is there a fix?

I can't recall for sure, but seems like this might have been a bug I fixed for one of the 2.6 betas.

Is there any other way to create a custom CSV file?

Export from the Players tab to CSV.  That way you get to pick the columns.  I would simply select all columns, and then pick and choose which ones you want on the import process into your database.  That way you don't have to have the columns set perfectly every time you export.  You just press "Import / Export", select "Export to CSV", and make sure all the columns are selected.