Author Topic: Wide Screen Displays??  (Read 6050 times)

Jarmy

• Maybe poker's not your game.....
    • View Profile
Wide Screen Displays??
« on: May 15, 2007, 03:42:03 PM »
This has probably been covered before, but I can't seem to find anything about it.  I recently changed laptops and my screen is now a wide screen vs a regular screen.  Is there an easy way to adjust for this without having to resize everything?  Please help!!  ???

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Wide Screen Displays??
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 11:33:51 AM »
You can use the "Auto-size screen" function on the Tournament page to assist you.  To adjust all of the screens, I recommend configuring a tournament, so that the display will more accurately reflect what you will see during your actual tournament.

On the Tournament page, press the 1 key to display the corresponding screen.  Then right-click and select "Auto-adjust screen".
Press the 2 key to display the next screen, then Auto-adjust the screen size.  Repeat for all screens.

Finally, you'll want to make sure that each screen displays properly on even rounds and breaks.  But since many items are shared between screens, some items will have already had their sizes adjusted, while others will still be at their original size.  Move forward to an even round and you'll probably want to adjust manually those items whose size looks out of place (usually this just means adjusting the font size).

Jarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 01:05:29 PM »
Thanks Corey...... I will try that out. 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »
Don't forget to do this for the breaks, too, and don't forget to save the layout when you are done.

If you get a layout to look right for a specific screen size (other than 1024x768, which is what they are designed for), feel free to post it for others if you want.

DragonII

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 04:52:12 AM »
Don't forget to do this for the breaks, too, and don't forget to save the layout when you are done.

If you get a layout to look right for a specific screen size (other than 1024x768, which is what they are designed for), feel free to post it for others if you want.

A idea for new version! When after done installed, can ask user for screen resolution he/she want to use, then auto adjust all screens in layout. 1 example using 1400x900 (widescreen) and the layout is desined to 1024x768 so the software can adjust auto to 1400x900 without need use rightclick and choose "auto size-screen". Good idea?

Jarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 07:23:16 AM »
I like the idea becuase I sometimes use my laptop (which is a wide screen) and other times use a regular external monitor (which is much bigger). 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 10:13:27 AM »
It's a good idea, but unfortunately it just doesn't work that way.  Because screens aren't static and can change based on tournament conditions, one screen could have dozens to hundreds of configurations (odd, even rounds, if rebuys are allowed, if add-ons are allowed, if it's a limit, pot limit, or no limit game, basically all of the conditions on the "Conditions" dialog apply).  Combine those.  And any *part* of the screen could change based on those conditions.  It would have to figure out every possible combination and simultaneously adjust them all to make sure the screen fits in every scenario...

Jarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 12:10:54 PM »
Oh well........it was worth a shot.  I think your time would be better spent on other bells and whistles. 

Jarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 12:44:27 PM »
Corey,

The auto adjust function doesn't work well for me.   ???  I still have the vertical white bars on each side of my middle column.  I have played with the font size and this makes it better (with exception of when my timer gets below the 10 min mark).  Here is my layout.....

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »
This is a side-effect of setting the cell width and height.  If you set a cell's height or width to less than the amount of space it would take up (if not set), the cell will adhere to those settings and you'll see the background show through around the cell.  Set the height and width back to 0 to have the cell fill the available space, and you'll see those white areas disappear.

Jarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 01:47:51 PM »
Corey,

I went back and checked my cells and they are already set to 0 (heigth and width).  I am not sure if I am missing something or what?   

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 03:45:56 PM »
The Title cell (in the layout of the tournament you posted), which incidentally is the cell that has the "white bars" to the sides of it, has its width set to 1024 and the height set to 125.

Jarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 03:49:36 PM »
 ;D  You got me!  I checked every cell except that one!  I will try that.  Sorry....

Jarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 05:58:09 PM »
Nope.....still doesn't work! :'(  I changed the title height and width to 0 and 0 and I still get the same white bars down each side of the middle column.  Do you have a wide screen display you can try my layout with? 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 11:31:46 AM »
You've also got width settings on the columns.  Set those to 0.