Author Topic: Seat players before buy-in?  (Read 4389 times)

nystateomind

• View Profile
Seat players before buy-in?
« on: March 22, 2006, 03:15:17 PM »
I would like to be able to seat players before they buy-in to allow me to use a TDButton to buy-in the players as they pay and already have the seating chart displayed.  A workaround may be to buy everyone in and use the "paid in full" but there is no tdbutton to simplify checking paid in full. Is there a way to implement this?

Thanks for the great software!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Seat players before buy-in?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 05:21:01 PM »
Good point, I'll see about adding a button for doing just that.

Yo_Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 05:39:32 PM »
Build your database before hand which you must be doing to seat all your players.

Once you have the database created you will beable to check off, one by one as they pay.

Once that is completed you can seat the players occording to your random seat placement.

If you are organized you can get your prelimary list created before hand.  You know that you will be getting 22 people for sure.  Get there names and enter them into the database.  

If any additional player arrive you can them as they come in.

Once you run the randow seating chart You make the Number 1 seat person the button and he sits in any seat.  Then according to the left of seat one is seat two and so on.

What is the issue that you are having exactly.
Are you scared people sitting may play for free?

Crimson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 04:08:35 AM »
I really need this as well. I very often have a couple players arriving late and they get assigned seats and are blinded down and auto-folded until they arrive. I would rather be able to seat them without checking off that they paid so I don't forget to collect their buy-in. Thanks for considering this.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 10:34:10 AM »
It's in.  Added a dialog to quickly mark/unmark players Paid in Full.  Added a button on the Players tab, a Hotkey action and a <tdbutton> to access it.

Syrus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 06:01:20 PM »
For features like this that you add in, is there somewhere that we can get access to them?

Are you saving them up for a minor release? (If so, any idea when your next release will be?)

This feature would be great to have. Would make planning and setting up a little easier.

CanopicJar

• View Profile
    • The Back Door Holdem blog
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 06:13:41 PM »
All the new stuff will be in 2.1 which is rumored to be out as early as the end of this week :o

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 08:27:42 PM »
I would really like to do releases more often, with fewer new features in each one.  I'm working towards that goal.  This release had a couple of changes that really hit a *lot* of code, so it worked its way into a larger release.  The code is actually done and tagged and documentation has been updated.  I'm testing now, and hope to get it out tonight or tomorrow.