Author Topic: Initialization Error  (Read 1064 times)

Irish

• View Profile
Initialization Error
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:06:48 PM »
Hello all - I'm running the older 2.5.15 version of TD on Windows 10. I went to start the application this evening and got the attached initialization error. Anyone have an idea on a remedy? I last used the application about a month ago, it worked fine.  Thanks!

edit - looks like the attachment didn't work, here's the start of the error message (it's the full length of the screen)

There was an error initializing The Tournament Director, and the program cannot continue. For reference, the error occurred on page(s):

BaseLib
BaseObj
ChipsPage
Context
Backup
ControlsPage
DatabasePage
Dialogs
EventsPage
HelpPage
HotkeysPage
LayoutDefs
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:10:15 PM by Irish »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Initialization Error
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 12:58:39 PM »
It has been a long time since I've seen an issue like this.  I have some steps you can try, but I can't guarantee it will fix the issue.

1. Click the Windows Start menu and then type "Command Prompt".  A shortcut for the Command Prompt should appear in the search results.

2. Right-click on the "Command Prompt" shortcut and select "Run as administrator".  You will likely be prompted to allow the program to access your computer.  Choose "Yes" or the command prompt window will not open.

3. In the Command Prompt window, enter the following lines one-by-one, pressing the "Enter" key after each one:

regsvr32 msscript.ocx
regsvr32 dispex.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 wshom.ocx
regsvr32 scrrun.dll

After pressing "Enter" each time, a dialog should appear that says "DllRegisterServer in DLLNAME succeeded.", where DLLNAME is the name of the file registered.

After entering all of the above lines, close the command prompt window and try to open the Tournament Director again.

Irish

• View Profile
Re: Initialization Error
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 02:33:52 PM »
It has been a long time since I've seen an issue like this.  I have some steps you can try, but I can't guarantee it will fix the issue.

1. Click the Windows Start menu and then type "Command Prompt".  A shortcut for the Command Prompt should appear in the search results.

2. Right-click on the "Command Prompt" shortcut and select "Run as administrator".  You will likely be prompted to allow the program to access your computer.  Choose "Yes" or the command prompt window will not open.

3. In the Command Prompt window, enter the following lines one-by-one, pressing the "Enter" key after each one:

regsvr32 msscript.ocx
regsvr32 dispex.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 wshom.ocx
regsvr32 scrrun.dll

After pressing "Enter" each time, a dialog should appear that says "DllRegisterServer in DLLNAME succeeded.", where DLLNAME is the name of the file registered.

After entering all of the above lines, close the command prompt window and try to open the Tournament Director again.

Thanks Cory. I think there was an issue with the install of windows, I don't run much else on this laptop aside from TD, so I was able to copy all my TD saves/files to a flash drive and just re-installed windows 10. It seems to be working OK on the fresh install but I'll save this in case the issue creeps up again.