Author Topic: Added wrong person to tourney - same first name, wrong last name  (Read 1148 times)

punsterr

• View Profile
I So I have two people with the same first name in my database.  I added the wrong one to the tourney and didn't discover it until after the tourney was long over and I had sent out the points standings.  I run a season format with points, so stats matter.

I've tried to go in after the fact and add the CorrectPerson person to the tourney, but when I do that, it shows CorrectPerson as taking first place and I can't adjust this ranking through the Player Rankings screen (perhaps because his buy-in time is after the tourney end time). 

Is there a way to set it so that CorrectPerson was the one who bought in rather than IncorrectPerson?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Added wrong person to tourney - same first name, wrong last name
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 03:00:54 PM »
On the Players tab, edit the incorrect player.  On the Edit Game Player dialog that opens, near the top in the "Info" section, it will say "This player is in your player database.", and there should be two buttons to the right on the same line: "Change" and "Unmerge".  Press the "Change" button.  The "Change Player" dialog will open.  Select the correct player.  Press the OK  button, then press the OK button on the "Edit Game Player" dialog.

That's it.  No need to undo anything, buy-in anyone else, or anything like that.  Just swap the wrong player for the right player.

punsterr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 11:23:22 PM »
That's what's strange... I tried that.  I just tried again to make sure I didn't shortcut anything.

Load Game, Players Tab, Edit IncorrectPlayer, select Change, yet the listing of available players from my database doesn't include CorrectPlayer.  Close that dialog.  Find CorrectPlayer in the Players Tab.  Edit CorrectPlayer, and it does indeed show that CorrectPlayer is in the league I'm editing.  So why wouldn't CorrectPlayer show up as an option if he is both in my database and in my league?

I can't wait for this answer, because it's going to be something so incredibly obvious that I'll be embarrassed to ever post a question again.  Until my next obvious question.

punsterr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 11:36:45 PM »
I figured out my problem.  I'll post it here just so others might benefit.

I run things as a Season, and I have a default tournament template that loads whenever I open TD.  Almost all of my "regular" players are on the Players tab in my template - whether or not they have bought in to the current tournament.  In this case, both IncorrectPlayer and CorrectPlayer were on my Players tab, but only one had entered (bought into) the tournament.

Solution: remove CorrectPlayer from the tournament.   Then go through the Edit steps as noted above.

Suggestion: perhaps in a future revision to the software, in the Change dialog, consider giving us the option to associate IncorrectPlayer with any player who is not already bought in to this tournament?

Corey, thanks as always for your quick responses to our questions.  Best one-man tech support crew on Earth.  : )

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 10:25:03 PM »
Suggestion: perhaps in a future revision to the software, in the Change dialog, consider giving us the option to associate IncorrectPlayer with any player who is not already bought in to this tournament?

I see why this was confusing to you.  I'll have to give this some thought.  One thing that comes to mind is that you can adjust a player's cash or points, even if they aren't bought-in.  Minor detail that I'm sure could be dealt with...