Author Topic: Save set of buyin profiles  (Read 2749 times)

mcfrojd

• View Profile
Save set of buyin profiles
« on: May 21, 2015, 10:17:57 AM »
It would be great if you could save/load a set (or single) buyin profiles.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Save set of buyin profiles
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:29:46 AM »
I'll give it some thought.  Might not be too hard to separate them as a template.  Seems like you could just configure a default tournament, though.  Or do you tend to set things up and change the buy-in structure closer to tournament time?

mcfrojd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 03:12:21 AM »
Often there could be change in buyins minutes before tournament starts.
(Local club, if few players, they get to decide the buyin)
And for us we have 6 diffrent buyin profiles every time.

member + bonuschips (more chips then startingstack)
member (startingstack)
member latereg (less chips then startingstack)

not member + bonuschips (double rake and more chips then startingstack)
not member (double rake and startingstack)
not member latereg (double rake and less chips then startingstack)

I could have a template for each buyin saved, but there would be a lot of templates to update if any adjustments where made to one of them.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 10:07:12 PM »
Unlike other areas that allow the loading and saving of templates, the fee profiles are referenced by actual transactions.  So if you open the Transactions dialog on the Players tab (or edit a player and look at their tournament history), you can see not only what someone paid to buy-in, for example, but also which buy-in profile was used.  If you were to load a fee profile template after performing any transactions, you'd lose those associations.  Not necessarily a deal breaker, but a drawback.

mcfrojd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 02:15:46 AM »
If you were to load a fee profile template after performing any transactions, you'd lose those associations.  Not necessarily a deal breaker, but a drawback.

I don't see that i ever would load a fee template after any buyins where recorded.
This function where suppose to be about loading and saving a SET of buyin / rebuy and add-on templates.
In my case if i run a tournament (with initial 300 as buyin) with rebuy and add-on i have 6 diffrent buyin templates, 1 rebuy and 1 add-on template. (total 8 fee templates in this set)
If i then next week run another tournament (with initial 200 as buyin) i would like to be able to load my pre saved set with 6 diffrent 200 buyin templates and 1+1 rebuy and add-on template, instead of having to change all these from the previous 300 tournament.