Author Topic: Auto perform action on table suggestion  (Read 2843 times)

beaker

• View Profile
Auto perform action on table suggestion
« on: March 28, 2011, 09:13:21 PM »
Hi Corey,

This addition to 2.6 was a big help...

- Added a preference to automatically perform an action upon searching within a
  player dialog (such as Buy-in Players, Rebuy players, etc).  When this option
  is enabled, and a search returns exactly one match, the action is
  automatically performed.  This will help to streamline card reader/barcode
  scanner integration

Is there anyway this can also be added to the Table Balance Suggestion dialog? It would be great if the table balance suggestion dialog could also be accepted automatically with (in my case) the "omit current seat" and "open move player window" options checked. Then to really top off this request, it would be great if I could predefine a length of time that the player movement screen would be active (45 second for example).... after this time is reached the system would return to the regular tournament screen.  This request would completely make my tourney a one button effort. I would need only to start the count down clock.... all functions after that would require zero operator intervention.

Hope my description was clear enough,
Thanks,
Brian

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto perform action on table suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »
I'll look into an option to automatically accept movement suggestions.  As for the other part: I don't see how "Omit current seat" could help, because upon accepting a movement suggestion, this dialog closes.  Thus, an option to automatically accept player movement suggestions wouldn't even show the dialog.  For the "Display Player Movement screen ..." checkbox, that is really a convenience feature.  What you would need is actually already on the "to-do" list, and that is a conditions variable that holds the last time a player movement suggestion was accepted.  That would allow you to create a Screen Set that included only the Player Movement screen, and have its conditions be something like:

(time - lastplayermovetime) < 30

Thus, the screen set containing just the player movement screen would be selected automatically for the 30 seconds after a player movement suggestion was accepted.  Adding this will actually be pretty simple so I'm going to go ahead and do it.

Edit: I modified the formula above to reflect the actual variables I added.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:29:16 PM by Corey Cooper »

beaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 01:44:16 PM »
Sounds good, thanks very much!

I don't know why I mentioned the "omit current seat" check box... I don't use it, just trying to confuse myself I guess.

Love the new 2.6 version! Looking forward to adding some new functionality soon...
Thanks again,
Beaker

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »
This is in and works as I explained in the previous post.  Almost done with beta 5.  Hoping to get it out this weekend, but if not should be next week some time.  I hate posting predictions because I always seem to miss them, but I'm really hoping to make this one.

GreenTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 01:33:24 AM »
I'll look into an option to automatically accept movement suggestions.  As for the other part: I don't see how "Omit current seat" could help, because upon accepting a movement suggestion, this dialog closes.  Thus, an option to automatically accept player movement suggestions wouldn't even show the dialog.  For the "Display Player Movement screen ..." checkbox, that is really a convenience feature.  What you would need is actually already on the "to-do" list, and that is a conditions variable that holds the last time a player movement suggestion was accepted.  That would allow you to create a Screen Set that included only the Player Movement screen, and have its conditions be something like:

Thus, the screen set containing just the player movement screen would be selected automatically for the 30 seconds after a player movement suggestion was accepted.
 Adding this will actually be pretty simple so I'm going to go ahead and do it.

Edit: I modified the formula above to reflect the actual variables I added.
I don't quite understand this part  :-[ How, where and to what do I change to get it working? Do you have a print screen?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 11:56:58 AM »
What you would need is actually already on the "to-do" list

You cannot do this yet.  You will be able to do this with the next beta (beta 5).  There's not much more to it than the post explains.  On the Layout tab, edit your Screen Sets.  Create a new Screen Set.  Add the Player Movement screen to the new Screen Set (and no other screens).  Set the conditions of the Screen Set to:

And you probably want to move the Screen Set to the top of the list of Screen Sets to make sure it is invoked at the right time (and another Screen Set doesn't trigger instead).

GreenTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 12:10:53 PM »
You cannot do this yet.  You will be able to do this with the next beta (beta 5)
Ahha, that explains why I didn't get it to work  ;D Thanks for the info