Author Topic: Another Layout  (Read 5972 times)

jimtsr

• View Profile
Another Layout
« on: June 29, 2013, 03:49:08 PM »
Hey everyone.  I've been around here for a few years as nothing but a no good lurker.  In that time, I've learned a great deal from all of you great people who post and help all the rest of us.  In the spirit of sharing, I'm posting some screen grabs of my newest layout.  I'll post some other layouts in the coming days.  My designs tend to  depart from the traditional poker room look and lean more toward tech or even geeky tech screens. Anyway, I hope sharing my layouts might help someone even half as much a so many of you have helped me. See attached files.

Note: At the upper right of the main screens, I put in a  scrolling ticker that shows players in, tables, how many bust outs till money and top 5 hitmen.
On the break screen, the tourney data is replaced with an animated .gif that  shows the chip up by sliding the new chip over the replaced chip.  I've attached a sample of that graphic below.

Kind regards,

Jim Davis
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:45:27 PM by jimtsr »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Another Layout
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 10:19:15 AM »
Very nice!

jimtsr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 02:17:22 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.

Has there ever been any consideration for creating a layout sharing download area?  I mean full .tlo layouts with previews....Not just this area in the forum.  Just curious.  On a similar thought, what about a sounds/events download area?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 04:42:04 PM »
Absolutely.  I wanted to have a place for users to submit layouts that others could then download, but it's just a matter of prioritizing my time to make it happen.  A few things have been done to the software to facilitate the idea.  For example, the ability to export a layout was added a long time ago (that means exporting everything that makes up a layout, not just the layout (.tlo) file itself).  The ability to import a layout into your data store was added in version 3.  These two features together allow someone to create a layout, share it, and others to use that layout with minimal work.  Finally, in 3.2 the ability to scale the layout was added.  I think this is a huge feature for sharing layouts, but surprisingly I've gotten little feedback on it.  What this means is a layout created for a specific screen size (which many user-created layouts are) can easily work on a different screen size just by turning on the scaling feature.  The TD then internally renders the layout for the original screen size, and then scales it to the actual screen size.

I'd intended to allow users to submit layouts, which I would then process for easy downloading and installation by others.  But honestly that requires a time commitment from me, which means taking time away from the other stuff, like improving the software.  It would be great to have a more automated place on the site that allows users to upload their own, allows the layouts to be voted on, and others to download.  I'm sure a solution already exists, but finding one...

jimtsr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 01:04:27 PM »
That all makes a lot of sense.  I agree that there are probably a lot of pretty simple solutions for file sharing along with preview graphics out there.  If I come across something I will certainly pass along the info.

DaddyBrooks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 10:01:37 PM »
Looks slick Jim.  What font did you end up using on that?  I have a bunch of older guys so sure they'd complain they couldn't read it, but i would put up with complaints.  ;-) 

Nice use of space as well. 

jimtsr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 09:54:39 AM »
Thanks for the positive response.   :D

I used a font intended to be similar to the ESPN font.  It's simply called esp.  The digital font I used is called ds_digital.  Both fonts are available free for non-commercial use at www.dafont.com.  There are thousands of font styles available there.

I will be happy to send you the tlo export of the layout if interested.  Just let me know.

DaddyBrooks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 01:51:14 PM »
Thanks, grabbing that font now. 

& yes, i actually would like that export.  I'll bet others would too so if you wanted to attach it here, that's just fine.   I like to tinker around with layouts & can do custom graphics, just never have had the patience to truly create a layout from that "New" button.... 

jimtsr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 01:45:28 PM »
Ok.  I'm attaching the layout and a couple of slightly updated screen shots.  I exported without events or chip templates checked, but it seems the export includes the chips in the .zip file anyway.  I didn't bother removing my logos from the base graphics, so anyone who wants to use this layout can just add their own graphics over the top of what I already have.  Each of the built in screens can also be adjusted to reflect your own personal or league logos/text.  Enjoy customizing for your own needs!

This layout was built for a screen resolution of 1920x1080 and should be scaleable.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 12:28:31 PM »
I tend to like these types of layouts....nice work. 

jimtsr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 08:59:42 AM »
Thanks Timmer.  I know you are the king of layouts, so your kind words are especially appreciated!

Jim

DaddyBrooks

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 08:14:52 PM »
Thnx jimtsr.  sorry, was out of town working & just didn't have time to check anything other than email.  Looks great!