Author Topic: Status Messages & Absolute Positioning with HTML styles  (Read 3231 times)

livingfrog

• View Profile
Status Messages & Absolute Positioning with HTML styles
« on: March 19, 2007, 01:33:12 PM »
I created a layout using TD's HTML styles and the css tag postion:absolute.  Here is my problem: TD's Status Messages appear underneath the text of the absolute positioned elements. See below.

I have tried to set the elements z-index to 0,1,-1 but the elements either drop under the background and become obscured or they still appear over the status message.  So, it appears to me that the z-index of Status Messages and Background do not have a value. 

Additionally, I would like to be able to position the status boxes where I see fit, and not just in the nine absolute positions TD offers. 

Is there a place where the CSS of the status message is set?  My current inelegant work around is to move the box to the lower right corner over the chip.  That way there is no text over the message.  But I sure would like to have that real estate back!

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Mike

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Status Messages & Absolute Positioning with HTML styles
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 05:01:27 PM »
The status messages have a z-index of 2.  I'm not sure why they would appear under your absolutely-positioned elements.  Why don't you attach your layout and let me take a look?

Right now you cannot absolutely position the status messages, but I could put that down on the to-do list.

livingfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 06:49:14 PM »
Here is my tlo file.  The fonts are Adobe OpenType, so their layout may be funny.

Thanks,

Mike

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 07:05:06 PM »
Looks like I spoke too soon (again).  When I loaded your layout, the status message is displayed over everything else, as it should.  Then I realized I'm using the latest version under development.  Looks like I added the z-index since version 2.2.2.  So, "this will be fixed in the next version".  :)  Sorry...

livingfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 07:34:36 PM »
All I can say is, CODE FREEZE, it's bete release time! ;)

Thanks for your prompt reply.  It really is a great program.