Author Topic: custom tourney export  (Read 2347 times)

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
custom tourney export
« on: June 08, 2009, 10:04:45 PM »
Hi Corey,

I have been working putting together a joomla component to link tightly with your wonderful TD software.

I have been using the default export of the tournament to export the results and import them into my site.

I have noticed a few feilds that I personaly would like to export are not being exported. I know this is a personal preference thing.

Have you considered making the tourney export custimisable to include data currently left out?

I thought about contacting you and discussing setting up an export file to suit the component but thought why not discuss making it suitable for all.

In the settings you could have a section where you add or remove the feilds you want exported.

I would really like to export the Phone & Email of my players as I can then use these for newsletters etc. And having these automatically exported each time we run a tourney would be the nuts.

Regards.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: custom tourney export
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 10:28:13 AM »
The "default" export is the export that is specific to the "Stats Genie" site.  Actually, with the exception of the HTML and Print options, all tournament exports are partner specific.  Unless you are referring to exporting from the Players tab, in which case you can already define the fields you wish to be exported.

For tournament exports, I usually provide a format specific to the consumer - which is the partner which will be consuming the exported data, like a stats website.  I'm always open to other ideas, though.

The issues with providing a customizable export option for the tournament using existing formats (CSV or XML) are

(1) CSV is easily customizable, but each row typically describes an individual of a group of the same thing (like each row describes a particular player).  If that's what you want, why not just use the export on the Players tab?

(2) XML is a great format for including everything you want, but making it customizable is NOT an easy thing.  Implementing an interface for the user to create a customizable XML export is no trivial task.

If you want an export specifically for your joomla component, why don't we just work on that?

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 05:02:53 PM »
If you want an export specifically for your joomla component, why don't we just work on that?

Sounds great. I didn't want to bother you just for me :).

Anyway, i'll put together the feilds I would like to be exported and get back to you.

At the moment i'm thinking a full export would work, and we can then drop what's not required at our end. But i'll put a list together shortly anyway.

Thanks.

Update: Email sent

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:48:10 PM by johno69 »
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 11:07:17 AM »
At this point we should take this to email.

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 04:32:57 PM »
sounds good.