Author Topic: Pre Tournament Events  (Read 1552 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Pre Tournament Events
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:02:41 PM »
Could some one send me in the right direction for making pre tournament events.
There are several events that i would like to make

1) an event to trigger when the registration period opens ( the sound "registration is now open")

2) an event to trigger 10 minutes from the end of the registration period (the sound "there are only 10 minutes till registration ends")

3) an event to trigger 5 minutes from the end of the registration period (the sound "there are only 5 minutes till registration ends")

4) an event to trigger 1 minutes from the end of the registration period(the sound "there are only 1 minutes till registration ends")

5) an event to trigger when the registration period closes (the sound "registration is now closed")

I also have an sound event "the tournament is about to commence" which runs at the start of the game on level 1. But this overlaps and clashes with the "first blinds are " sound event. So i was thinking that when the pre tournament clock has ended, to stop the pre- clock and this will give me time to enter any late registrations  etc. But also to give "the tournament is about to commence sound" a hot key which can then be started manually.

EVENT
I tried to make an event from scratch. I give the description "pre-Tournament". the trigger i put as  "before game = 1800" and then added the action - the sounds.

A couple of problems here. 1st of all, it didn't work.
To start a countdown you have to have at  least  2 players buy in.
I also have a sound event which plays when you buy players in, So when if I do get the "registration is open" event working, how can i stop it clashing with the players buy in sound event

Many thanks in advance

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:05:39 PM by Mahound »

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Pre Tournament Events
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 04:56:14 PM »
you got this,,,lol

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 05:02:06 PM »
before game = 1800 won't work, because TD doesn't recognize it as that. You want it to be conditional, state=1 for example. I don't know for sure what you'll need for it, but i know it is state. If the tournament starts shortly after the registration closes, why not combine the two - "Registration is now closed, and the tournament is about to commence"? I would think that would assist on preventing the overlap.

Countdown with 2.5, you are correct, you need to have two people in. But if you use the beta version, you can start it immediately, and have the tourney not start at the end also.

Clashing - I believe somewhere in the preferences you should be able to control that. Not sure if it's from the preferences tab, or from the Events tab preferences button.
(Presently at school, not at laptop).

Hope this helps you out some, and sorry I couldn't be more specific.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 11:57:52 PM »
(state = 1) and ((secondsLeft = 1200) or (secondsLeft = 900) or (secondsLeft = 600) or (secondsLeft = 300))            300=5min.....600=10min....900=15min...and so on    I've had a few people tells me this dont work but every Fri. and Sun. I have know problem with it firing,,,,,, but i dont use the 1200   I know when you test it it comes up false but like i said, Fri & Sun it works for me

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 12:27:01 AM »
(state = 1) and ((secondsLeft = 1200) or (secondsLeft = 900) or (secondsLeft = 600) or (secondsLeft = 300))            300=5min.....600=10min....900=15min...and so on    I've had a few people tells me this dont work but every Fri. and Sun. I have know problem with it firing,,,,,, but i dont use the 1200   I know when you test it it comes up false but like i said, Fri & Sun it works for me

I've yet to use mine in a live tournament, but in mach tournaments, my pre-tourney event has been working properly. Thanks for the assist here for Mahound, as well as helping me get mine set up proper ;)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 09:48:38 AM »
you got this,,,lol

cheers timmer. your right

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 09:51:46 AM »
If the tournament starts shortly after the registration closes, why not combine the two - "Registration is now closed, and the tournament is about to commence"? I would think that would assist on preventing the overlap.

Clashing - I believe somewhere in the preferences you should be able to control that. Not sure if it's from the preferences tab, or from the Events tab preferences button.

Hope this helps you out some, and sorry I couldn't be more specific.

So obvious. i never thought about altering the sound. It was so easy to do as well.  works a treat
 cheers Magic

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 10:18:04 AM »
I told you lol  its all in that basic event layout, (you can go with this or can go with that) lol,,, its all right there just alittle change here and there you to Magic !                   Its time to play,,, TIMMER