Author Topic: League formula help  (Read 1351 times)

daymo81

• View Profile
League formula help
« on: January 30, 2011, 07:46:52 PM »
hi,
    Can anybody help me please.I'm trying to run a 10 week league with league members and non-league players.I want each league member to receive 1 point for buy in.The top 10 highest placed league members to receive 10Pt's-1pt without awarding Pt's to non-league players.The game is a double chance with 1 free
re-buy for any player busting out before round 6.Players who have not received re-buy will receive a free add on + 1 bonus pt (bonus pt for league members only).
Can anyone explain how to do this?
                                                 Thanks D

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: League formula help
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 11:01:30 PM »
Question would be if you plan on adding players who aren't in the league into your database. If not, then you could just run the tournaments as if they weren't there. If that's the case, then you could put a 1 in the "points for buy in" box.  Does everyone get an option to add on? If not, you could put a point for the addon.  Everyone from 1st to 10th gets 10 points? This would be odd, but is possible. How do you want to award your top ten points? There's many ways to do it, just need to find one that works for you. If you have an idea of how you want to award them, there's plenty of us on here that can give you a formula.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

daymo81

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 05:31:54 AM »
Question would be if you plan on adding players who aren't in the league into your database. If not, then you could just run the tournaments as if they weren't there. If that's the case, then you could put a 1 in the "points for buy in" box.  Does everyone get an option to add on? If not, you could put a point for the add on.  Everyone from 1st to 10th gets 10 points? This would be odd, but is possible. How do you want to award your top ten points? There's many ways to do it, just need to find one that works for you. If you have an idea of how you want to award them, there's plenty of us on here that can give you a formula.
All players could be added to database,most non league players would play about 4 out of 10 weeks.All players get the option to add on(top up)at the end of level 5 provided they have not busted out and taken a re buy.
Re: Award points1st=10 points, 2nd=9 points 3rd=8  points,etc.. etc...10th= 1point
My real problem is when 1 or more non league players make the final table. I have used max(11-rank,0) formula to distribute points but cannot stop non league players getting points.
Basically i want to award the points to the top 10 ranking league members.Thanks

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 10:22:18 AM »
In that case, you're going to want to use "leaguerank" in the formula - something like switch(leaguerank, 1, 10, 2, 9, 3, 8, 4, 7, 5, 6, 6, 5, 7, 4, 8, 3, 9, 2, 10, 1). Attached is a mach tourney I just ran to test it out. In order to fully see what I see, you'll want to add the players to your database (except for the "unclaimed" players). Then you'll see that non league players get no points, and they trickle down to the next players.  I have the mach tourney set as "switch(leaguerank, 1, 10, 2, 7, 3, 4, 4, 2)"

Since everyone has the option to addon, the only way you'll be able to give the bonus point is to do it by an adjustment. Although somewhat of a pain, you'll have to goto the players tab, double click on the player. There's rebuy and add on info, as well as points earned. If there's a zero for rebuy, then you can put a "1" or "+1" in the points adjustment box under the points section.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 12:16:53 PM »
Use the inLeague variable to avoid awarding points to non-league players.

if(inLeague, 1 + max(11-rank, 0) + if(nr = 0, 1))

daymo81

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 12:51:48 PM »
Thanks magic that works perfect ;D

daymo81

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 12:53:33 PM »
Thanks Corey i'll try that

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 12:57:41 PM »
Guess I was wrong about not being able to auto award based upon no rebuys....  Least I know now for the next one. Glad to have been able to help you out, daymo81!
---