Author Topic: Formatting a cell  (Read 2068 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Formatting a cell
« on: April 10, 2012, 08:21:51 AM »
When you format a cell you can use all the different HTML elements. If it is a large peice of text i use the Rules tab. Type what i want in there and the put the token(announcements ) etc.  into the cell

So if you have a large section of text. Where you format different parts of the text sections differently. IE breaks, marquee, headings etc. diiferent coloured fonts for different sections, headings etc
I have several cells that display different  information,( it acts like news feed). if you need to alter it and you have  a lot of text. it can turn into a long job.
Would it be possible to have the text that is to be displayed. either a different colour or, bold, or Italicised

This is some text I have on one of the rules tab. A short one

<marquee>   POKER INFORMATION  <span style="width: 20px"></span>   <span style="color=#ffffff; font-size: 15pt"> The poker league have a game on the 3rd Saturday of every month. A great game with a good chipstack. For more information <span style="width: 10px"></span>Check out  on our website at
<span style="color=#0000ff; font-size: 15pt"> <span style="width:30px"></span>
www.poker.co.uk

Hope this gives you the idea of what i would like. (This is just one of the very short rules. There is one that covers the rules and ettiquette which is about 50 lines of text)

This way you would be able to see at a glance what text requires changing. This would only be for when the cell is getting edited and not used aa a way of formatting the cell or the way it would look on the screen.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:25:02 AM by Mahound »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Formatting a cell
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 10:40:56 AM »
What you're asking for is an editor with syntax highlighting.  Might not seem like much, but this would be a lot of work.  I'm not saying it wouldn't be helpful, but if you're really in need of something like this, you're probably better of using a tool specific to this type of thing, and copying the text back and forth between the TD and that tool.

There are lots of editors, and frankly I'm a fairly old school developer so you don't want what I use (vim), but something as simple as Notepad++ which will colorize your HTML would probably be helpful:

http://notepad-plus-plus.org

I'm not going to implement this, but I'll take a quick look around for a drop-in replacement that will do this.  Maybe someone has already done the hard part.  :)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: Formatting a cell
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:33:13 AM »
What you're asking for is an editor with syntax highlighting.  Might not seem like much, but this would be a lot of work.  I'm not saying it wouldn't be helpful, but if you're really in need of something like this, you're probably better of using a tool specific to this type of thing, and copying the text back and forth between the TD and that tool.

There are lots of editors, and frankly I'm a fairly old school developer so you don't want what I use (vim), but something as simple as Notepad++ which will colorize your HTML would probably be helpful:

Thanks, i will take a look at the Notepad. Many thanks

http://notepad-plus-plus.org

I'm not going to implement this, but I'll take a quick look around for a drop-in replacement that will do this.  Maybe someone has already done the hard part.  :)