Author Topic: cant download correctly  (Read 7376 times)

REB4

• View Profile
cant download correctly
« on: February 16, 2006, 01:17:17 PM »
I have tried 3 times to download, when I try to run the software I get a white screen.  Nothing else, just a white screen, doesn't change or anything.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: cant download correctly
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 10:44:11 AM »
I'm not even sure how to diagnose this.  With most cases like this, at least an error is displayed.

Standard fix: Try reinstalling Windows Script, this fixes problems for a lot of users.  Here are links for Windows Script:

Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, and Windows NT 4.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a8a18f6-249c-4a72-bfcf-fc6af26dc390&displaylang=en

Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&displaylang=en

Secondly, do you have any anti-virus or anti-spyware programs running?  Most of the time, they will allow a program like the TD to run, but sometimes they prevent it.  And most of the time when they do prevent it, they either give the user a warning with the option to run the program, or they at least inform the user that the program wasn't allowed to run.  In your case, it sounds like the program has been allowed to run, but it might an attempt to access the filesystem or kick off a thread that is causing the issue.  You might check settings on your anti-virus or anti-spyware software if you have any installed.

kirk5713

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 05:32:03 PM »
I am having the same exact problem with the blank white screen without any eroor messages.  I have tried and checked both of the suggestions and neither seem to solve the problem.  Any help would be great.  ???

TheCOG

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 06:22:23 PM »
I am getting a script error each time I launch, TD2, stating that "Class doesn't support automation."  The specific offending page is clockthread.html.

Upon trying to exit, I get the following error message:

Class doesn't support Automation (pageOptions: 5380)
 at exit()
 at quitTournamentDirector()
 at optionsPageQuitHandler()

I tried the steps suggested by Corey above, and even went further and tried the steps I found on this web site:  http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/er430.htm, but to no avail.

I'm using Win XP Pro, IE6, set to allow scripts, and disable popup blocker.  I have no spyware or popup software, just Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition (and I tried disabling it, and also telling it to ignore TD2.  A review of the logs indicate that the antivirus software is not being triggered by TD2).

This is frustrating, since TD2 seems a great step above TD 1.3, and I'd like to give it a try for a tournament I have this weekend.

Any ideas out there?

Cheers, Carl.