Author Topic: Recovering the "Main Screen" from the screen sets  (Read 3196 times)

DaveBullets

• View Profile
Recovering the "Main Screen" from the screen sets
« on: August 21, 2008, 03:51:33 AM »
I accidentally deleted the default "Main Screen" from the screen set, and now when I insert a break, the break screen displays this message: "The active screen set (default) has no screens defined."

What can I do to recover the main screen? and will it bring back the break screen?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Recovering the "Main Screen" from the screen sets
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 11:46:20 AM »
Did you actually delete the screen, or did you simply remove it from a screen set?

Sounds like you have a screen set with conditions set such that the screen set is used during breaks in the schedule.  But the screen set has no screens added to it, so when the screen set is selected, there's no screen to display.  So just edit that screen set and add the screen you want displayed.

If you've actually deleted the screen, it will be a little more difficult to get things back the way they where (assuming you're using a custom layout).

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 04:42:37 AM »
The Default Screen cannont be deleted as it is grayed out.  The Main Screen does not have an option to delete, only add or remove; I can't recall, but going with this assumption, I must've removed it.  Now when I press the add button, the Main Screen is not listed as a selection. 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 01:04:22 PM »
Once you have deleted a screen or a screen set, there's no recovering it, unfortunately.  You'll just have to reconstruct it.  This is usually not hard if it is a screen set (you just need to add back the appropriate screens, in the right order, and with the right conditions), but can be much harder for a screen.

Based on your last message, it sounds like you've deleted the screen named "Main Screen".  Rebuilding it is probably the only solution.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 09:40:14 AM »
Would he be able to recover it from previous saved tourneys using that main screen in the screen set?

Maybe he hadn't saved any tourneys and maybe it won't come back with the saved tourneys, I don't know.  Just a thought to avoid having to reconstruct - ugh

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 11:28:22 AM »
Good point.  The layout information is saved with each tournament, so yes, you can load a saved tournament, then go to the Layout tab and save the Layout as a template...

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 03:08:12 AM »
Thanks for the information.  I was wondering if I could copy just the "main screen" screen and not the whole layout.  I need only that screen; if I copied the whole layout, it would overide my current screens and conditions.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 11:17:05 AM »
Nope, no way to do this.  There is a half-done "import" feature in the layout that would allow you to import specific parts of another layout.  But due to the complexity and time it would take to implement it, and the fact that it would probably not be used very often, other items took higher priority.  I'm making a lot of layout changes for the next version, so I might see if I can sneak that one in, but no promises.  Won't help you now, regardless.

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 05:40:44 AM »
I understand, thanks for the information. :)