Author Topic: receipt style knockout cards?  (Read 2023 times)

nojgib

• View Profile
receipt style knockout cards?
« on: June 10, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »
Corey, maybe there's a way to do this, but here's what I'd like to accomplish...
I'm running tournaments to benefit a fire company. They'd like to start having knockout tournaments, which would require keeping track of hitmen, which is fine. The problem is, I'd like to be able to print a card of some sort when a player gets knocked out stating what their finishing position was, how many hits they had during the tournament, and the payouts for the hits and finishing position if applicable. The reason is, we'd like to pay out the bounties for the knockouts after the person has been eliminated from the tournament instead of during play which would interrupt that player which is still in the tournament. We have a counter for food sales, which also acts as the cashier. It would be nice if when the player reports they are out if we could print this info on a card so they could take it to the counter to get paid.
I do have to say that the software is great, our last tourney was a 7 hour tournament with 100 players with the only issue being the software started lagging very bad towards the end. I started getting script errors when we got to 5 players. Luckily the final 3 chopped because it was almost non responsive at that point. I thought maybe it was just my laptop, but I do have IE8 installed and saw in the forums that there were problems with that (I'm running XP home). I also saw that the new release is almost done? Are you going to make any updates for TD2 to correct the IE8 issues? Maybe I could get a discount on 3 since I only recently bought 2?  ;)
Thanks in advance for the help.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: receipt style knockout cards?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:24:29 AM »
There's a to-do item to do some receipt work for the next version, so I'll add this to it and see what I can work in.

At this time, there are no known issues with IE 8.  Some people have had trouble with slowdowns and the like after running a tournament for a while, but I have never been able to duplicate this issue, and it isn't specific to any version of IE.  My suggestion to anyone having this issue is to save the tournament, exit the TD, restart the TD, load the tournament and simply continue where you left off.  Shouldn't take more than 30 seconds or so to do this and would (hopefully) be like "rebooting" the software.

nojgib

• View Profile
Re: receipt style knockout cards?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 02:51:15 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.
As it happened, we had just gotten down to 3 players just before a break. We decided to reboot the computer during break but in the meantime they decided to chop the remaining prize pool. I had saved the tournament, and when I loaded it back in all that remained was to adjust the payouts for the chop. The software was running smoothly again.
Thank you again for the awesome software, we would not be able to handle the amount of players we have gotten without this software. Looking forward to the next version.