Author Topic: Point System Ideas?  (Read 952 times)

C-Pr0mpt

• View Profile
Point System Ideas?
« on: November 15, 2010, 07:58:36 PM »
I have poker tournaments at my house all the time.  We normally don't play league style.  However this is something we are going to try starting next year.

A little background information.  We normally have between 15 and 20 tournaments a year.  We could have anywhere between 8 and 25 people playing per game.

What we are trying to do is each game we have we will pull out a buy in and set it aside.  We will let this side pot grow through out the year.  At the end of the year, the last game we have will be a single table game with the top 9 players in points from the year being entered into this game for free, with the side pot up for grabs.  Our problem though is coming up with a points system.

We were thinking 1 point for a kill, -1 point for rebuy and addon.  Then placing points based on position.  In a 10 player tournament, 10 points to 1st, 9 to second, etc.

Just wondering what kind of structures are some of you using for your leagues? 

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Point System Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 11:26:13 AM »
Hey C Prompt. Attached is a "rules" sheet that I used for a similar league I ran last year. We didn't do rebuys or rakes (as in Wisconsin it's illegal to play for money, technically), but for the rakes, the program's pretty efficient. Just rename the rake whatever you would like, and have it take it from every player at the buy in.  For your points for playing, you're looking at n-r+1. What I would do is put 1 and -1 in the boxes for points for hits and rebuys/addon respectively. Then in stats, you want to set the scoring for each tournament to be the same n-r+1, and overall scoring to be sum(scores). But enough dwelling... here's my rules page that shows what I did
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!