Author Topic: RFID Mifare 1K and TD  (Read 9291 times)

Linker_Split

• View Profile
RFID Mifare 1K and TD
« on: May 21, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »
Hello guys,
I really need your help now.
I bought an ACR122 contactless smart card reader.
It comes with RFID Mifare 1k cards
The software is prettysimple to use, it basically got a "READ" "WRITE" buttons (LEGGI-SCRIVI):

It also got an auto-read off/on (Auto lettura off/on)
Now it doesn't allow me to configure ANY keys!
also, it's installed via USB, I tried using TWedge... but I don't know which port is!
Any help on this?

Linker_Split

• View Profile
Re: RFID Mifare 1K and TD
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 10:47:50 AM »
News

Ok, i contacted the DEVs behind this program,
they tested in Win7 and it was working, since they edited the program for my purpose to be like this:

But I'm running TD in win8 64x, and I modified hotkey for addplayer to be "B" letter, still it doesn't work.
Corey, what could be?

If I try the program (ACR122 RW) with notepad, when I put my card on the reader, notepad first writes "B" then the card number, so i guess it works

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 10:58:04 AM »
News:
Seems that with main program window open, hotkey doesn't work.
I set B as "add player" hotkey, then I manually pressed it with clock screen on second monitor amd program on first monitor, nothing happened.
But when I closed the main program, hotkey worked (manually pressed)
Card reader program even if emulates the B keypressed, still doesn't work...
HEEEELPPPPPP

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 11:34:54 AM »
News:
Seems that with main program window open, hotkey doesn't work.
I set B as "add player" hotkey, then I manually pressed it with clock screen on second monitor amd program on first monitor, nothing happened.
But when I closed the main program, hotkey worked (manually pressed)

Does "Main program window" refer to the Settings window?  That's what your description sounds like.  So, manually (no card reader) pressing a hotkey works with the clock window open but NOT if the Settings window is open.  Is that right?

This might be the expected behavior.  Because the Settings window has input fields (depending on which tab is selected), only a specific set of hotkeys will work when the Settings window is open.  For example, the function keys (F1 through F12) work because they have no other meaning when typing into an input field.  But other hotkeys, like "x", don't work.  You wouldn't want the Bust Players Out dialog to open when you are typing in your tournament description as "The X-Games of Poker".  Some tabs have no input fields, so it *could* be OK for other hotkeys, like "x", to work on those tabs.  This can be changed on the Preferences tab, Behavior section, "Allow hotkeys on all Settings tabs that do not have inputs".

Now, as far as why the TD doesn't detect the reader pressing the "B" key I honestly cannot say.  The TD has only one way to detect hotkeys, so if the reader simulating a keypress doesn't trigger anything in the TD, there's little I can do about it unfortunately.  Out of curiosity, what happens when you run a card through the reader while an input field in the TD has focus?  For example, click on the Notes or Description field on the Game tab and run your card through.  Do you see the "correct" input as you did in Notepad?

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 12:51:57 PM »
Does "Main program window" refer to the Settings window?  That's what your description sounds like.  So, manually (no card reader) pressing a hotkey works with the clock window open but NOT if the Settings window is open.  Is that right?
Is, that's right, but now I tried with some keys like H, G, and they work, so I guess it's like you said, some work some don't.

Now, as far as why the TD doesn't detect the reader pressing the "B" key I honestly cannot say.  The TD has only one way to detect hotkeys, so if the reader simulating a keypress doesn't trigger anything in the TD, there's little I can do about it unfortunately. 

Which is the only way? When running the card reader program with notepad, if I run a card through the reader, it automatically type the desired hotkey written in the program.
So if I set F1 to be the key pressed, t writes "F1" on the notepad.

Out of curiosity, what happens when you run a card through the reader while an input field in the TD has focus?  For example, click on the Notes or Description field on the Game tab and run your card through.  Do you see the "correct" input as you did in Notepad?
If I run the reader with TD's input field open, it writes the key inserted in the card reader program.

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 08:20:45 AM »
Corey, the programmers contacted me.
They said that they created the program on Windows XP 32bit, language C# with .Net Framework 4 and the function used to send keys is SendKeys.
They also tried InputSimulator (https://inputsimulator.codeplex.com/) external library but with no success.
I don't know what to do now... :(

#EDIT
it works on windows XP SP3!
I tested the two programs in windows XP, when I insert the card in the card reader, the "add player" dialog pop ups and select the desired player.
This doesn't work in Windows 8 and 7 (both 32 and 64bit version)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:12:39 AM by Linker_Split »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 04:45:13 PM »
Have you tried to use compatibility mode on the Win7 or Win8 computers? Doesn't always work, but sometimes if you run programs in compatibility mode, they'll work right...
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 11:06:22 PM »
Have you tried to use compatibility mode on the Win7 or Win8 computers? Doesn't always work, but sometimes if you run programs in compatibility mode, they'll work right...
nope I didn't try it, I think I'll give it a shot!
Anyway, seems that only TD doesn't work with this program...

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 11:43:41 AM »
Corey, so there'sno way to fix this?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 09:43:51 PM »
Sorry, I honestly cannot say.  As I mentioned before, the TD has only one way of listening for hotkeys (it relies on IE to deliver key press events), so I can't imagine that even if we could determine what the incompatibility was that there was anything I could do from the TD to alleviate it.

There are several key events: key down, key press, and key up.  The TD relies on the key down event for hotkeys.  It's possible the driver for your card reader is generating, for example, only the key press event.  Or no events.  It could be something as simple as making sure that after closing the Settings window you click on the Game window before scanning the card.  Or it could be something else entirely.

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 04:32:58 PM »
Sorry, I honestly cannot say.  As I mentioned before, the TD has only one way of listening for hotkeys (it relies on IE to deliver key press events), so I can't imagine that even if we could determine what the incompatibility was that there was anything I could do from the TD to alleviate it.

There are several key events: key down, key press, and key up.  The TD relies on the key down event for hotkeys.  It's possible the driver for your card reader is generating, for example, only the key press event.  Or no events.  It could be something as simple as making sure that after closing the Settings window you click on the Game window before scanning the card.  Or it could be something else entirely.

Then why it worked in XP?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 05:10:43 PM »
I have no idea.

But the TD certainly doesn't do anything different based on operating system.

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 10:44:44 PM »
I have no idea.

But the TD certainly doesn't do anything different based on operating system.
Thank you Corey.
If devs will tell me anything more, I'll tell you.
Otherwise I will have to uninstall win 8 and go back to xp

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 01:37:11 PM »
Perhaps it was the version of IE and not Windows?  Not that it will matter too much, because if it doesn't work in IE10, well, you can't run any earlier versions of IE on Windows 8...

Linker_Split

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 08:39:28 AM »
Hi Corey,
Devs told me that with the card reader software they don't simulates key pressed or key down or key up, they only send data from keyboard.