Main > Templates, Layouts and Sounds

Point formulas

<< < (2/7) > >>

coyote97:
Thanks Matt.  Huge help.  One last question.  I pasted your formula and did the test.  It shows the first place winner earning 14 points.  Shouldn't it be 15?  12 for finishing first in a twelve person tourney and 3 bonus points for first place? 

MattBurlew:

--- Quote from: coyote97 on August 03, 2007, 05:29:40 PM ---Thanks Matt.  Huge help.  One last question.  I pasted your formula and did the test.  It shows the first place winner earning 14 points.  Shouldn't it be 15?  12 for finishing first in a twelve person tourney and 3 bonus points for first place? 

--- End quote ---

Check if you have the in the money variable set to 1.

coyote97:
I put 1 in there and now the top 3 positions are correct, but 4-12 are getting an extra point now.

MattBurlew:

--- Quote from: coyote97 on August 03, 2007, 05:45:00 PM ---I put 1 in there and now the top 3 positions are correct, but 4-12 are getting an extra point now.

--- End quote ---

That's just the way the test formula page works.  Run a test tournament to see if everything works like you want it to.

coyote97:
Matt,
I just ran a couple of quick tournament tests and I think it's working how I want.  I won every time I tested it.  Can you imagine?  Thanks for the help.  As far as I'm concerned it should say hero under your name too!  Helped me out a great deal and quick too!  I owe you a drink!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version