Author Topic: 2.6.b2 Final Table Attribute on Stats Tab  (Read 3415 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
2.6.b2 Final Table Attribute on Stats Tab
« on: August 18, 2010, 11:02:23 AM »
Per request from some league members, I'm looking to implement the "Final Tables" attribute in addition to the other stats that I show for the league. The issue? It's not showing everyone correctly.  Attached is pic to show what I'm talking about. Arrows point to the first two discrepancies, but I'm sure that as you look down and see totals for 1st - 3rd, that they will add up to be more than some of the Final Tables (which is set at 10 players)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2.6.b2 Final Table Attribute on Stats Tab
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 12:56:39 PM »
Don't forget that 'Final Table' determination can only be made by noting how many seats are at the largest table.  If there are 10 seats, then players who ranked 1st through 10th will be determined to be at the Final Table.  Why is this?  Because ... you may have tables configured but may not actually allow the software to do the seating.  Or you may skip all seating suggestions.  Or you may change the table configuration after the tournament has ended.  Or you may move players around manually ... at any time during the tournament.  Thus it is virtually impossible for the software to say with absolutely certainty who was at the final table, thus it goes the easiest route possible and makes a good guess.

So if you had 10 players at your final table, but then deleted all of the tables after the tournament was over (for whatever reason), the software will think there were 0 people at the final table.  Probably it should always default to a minimum of 1st and 2nd places being at the final table, but currently it does not.

OK, having blurted all that out, if you want me to take a look do a backup .. oh wait, that's broken in beta 2.  ZIP up your Data Store folder and send it to me.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 01:26:17 PM »
I can assure you I've not deleted any tables, but have allowed most of the suggested seating to go through, so it my be from that to which it's not working right. For our tournaments I have 4 10 player tables set up and allow TD to seat upon buy in. I'll just tell my players that it's a feature presently in the works and not properly working and they'll just have to deal  :D  As far as the data stores go, I don't think it would be vital, since I had a few players request it. Will just tell them not possible at the moment :)
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 02:27:42 PM »
As a workaround the Final Table attribute, is there a way to show how many times a player was in the top ten for the stats? Like a way of creating a user-filter?
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 02:28:21 PM »
Well, is there a bug?  I'd be interested to see your data if you don't mind sharing it so I can be sure there's not a problem.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
As a workaround the Final Table attribute, is there a way to show how many times a player was in the top ten for the stats? Like a way of creating a user-filter?

beta 3 has columns for first through tenth place, like the current version has columns for first through third.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 02:32:28 PM »
 ;D ;D  works for me once it becomes available!  Yet one more time you come through for us!
---