Author Topic: Best 5 results  (Read 3127 times)

uzi

• View Profile
Best 5 results
« on: January 10, 2007, 10:34:57 AM »
We're running seasons tourneys that go all year around, one tourney per month (except for July). The finals are held in December and there are 14 finalists: the ones who won a tourney, and the rest that collected the highest sum of points from their 5 best tourneys. I believe this is quite a common way of holding seasoned tourneys.

The problem is, the statistics page can only show the sum of all points a player earned during the season. It would have been great if one could define how many best tourneys to collect points from. Also, it would have even better if one could define "final rules", which defines what would give a player a place in the finals.

Thanks again for a great program,

Uzi

PTL

• View Profile
    • Poker League
Re: Best 5 results
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 12:29:38 PM »
Uzi do you use a website to display the results to your players?  I know www.pokertourneyleague.com can do something like you are asking.
The Best User Driven Poker Site, where you can find Poker Games in your area and get the latest Poker Strategy.

uzi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 03:17:06 PM »
Thanks, but since our league is for colleagues only, and includes some private information, I'd like to keep it inside our intranet.

- Uzi

PTL

• View Profile
    • Poker League
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 07:51:59 PM »
Understandable though you could do it as a "Hidden" League and it won't show up in any searchs only people that you invited would be able to join.  Other than that you could probably do it by Hand.
The Best User Driven Poker Site, where you can find Poker Games in your area and get the latest Poker Strategy.

Champ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 04:23:33 PM »
I'm a bit surprised this is not implemented in the program.

If you have a budy-tournament real life has its demands on the players making it impossible to allways attend and you want to pick out the best players rather than the most frequent players.

Other ways to do the same thing would be using the Average (which is no good, if you win the first you just quit playing more) or maybe the Score, but that I never understood and you want to have a fairly simple system.

/C

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 05:25:01 PM »
It's on the to-do list.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 07:18:36 AM »
I used to use the stats genie website and my league was hidden, as well as the people in it. I really liked the calender function so you could tell people when and where the next game was held, and rules for the events etc. I'm not sure which suggestion Corey Cooper said was on the to-do list, but I think an automated stats website created by the program would be very cool... just upload it to your webspace and viola, instant stat page...