Main > Beta Testing

3.3 beta 1

<< < (2/3) > >>

Corey Cooper:

--- Quote from: Asegzamfire on December 09, 2013, 06:46:44 PM ---The Export \ Import is working really fine, importing a list of 60 players and having them popping at the seat right away save us lots of time. Now one single person can take care of 3 tournaments at the same time, witch allow us to be more on the floor.
--- End quote ---

Glad to hear this is useful.

--- Quote from: Asegzamfire on December 09, 2013, 06:46:44 PM ---In Layout i found a little glitch. When you go in properties / Build-in screen / Players movements screen and you change the picture of the background (same error for the other section like custom screen); When you press Ok , the image the button OK and the  are sliding to the right of the window (like the button was moving away from your mouse lol)  If you press it again at the new position it work. I was able to repeat it a couple time then it stopped.
--- End quote ---

That's ... very strange.  I'll have to look into this one.  If you see it again and could grab a screenshot, that would be great.

--- Quote from: Asegzamfire on December 09, 2013, 06:46:44 PM ---The Database change has improve, good improved so far. took 2-3 sec to find one player instead of 4-5 sec, still slow but its a great improvement. This is on a database of 4900 players or so. I have to test it on a larger one. like 12k players.  The table Collapse order is working great. It does exactly what i was doing manually, for a long time now. Its great to not have to think about changing it every time we break a table.
--- End quote ---

Also glad to hear.  The database caching should help a little, but primarily only if you allow searching in any of the fields besides the name fields (First, Last, and Nicknames).  In that case it should speed the searching part up quite a bit.  The real drag, unfortunately, is actually the rendering of the player listing on screen.  When you search, it's really just filtering out players, so it hides all players that don't match the search text.  With 1000s of players, IE just can't render it that fast.

--- Quote from: Asegzamfire on December 09, 2013, 06:46:44 PM ---Will come back on more option tested in the next days.
--- End quote ---

This is some great feedback.  Thanks!

Corey Cooper:

--- Quote from: Asegzamfire on December 09, 2013, 09:05:01 PM --- I just got a little weird mistake, using the export of a player list and importing them into the tournament. Using the export /import  of a player list to build up the tournament, it required that your Database is empty. This way when you export a second time; let say when 12 more players registered, TD detect who is in and who is not by showing the list in red and black. If you are on your full Database, all name in your DB and Tournament will show red, witch kinda fuck you up lol
--- End quote ---

Yeah, the import feature is designed to warn you when you're importing a player who has the same name as someone already in your tournament OR already in your database.  The thinking is that most people won't be importing a player who is already in their database, so the warning is a good thing.  I think you're using the TD a little differently than most.

--- Quote from: Asegzamfire on December 09, 2013, 09:05:01 PM ---So the bug i found was by the end of the tournament when only 2-5 players are registering late in the tournament, i want to switch to the normal Database and enter the lasts players manually (instead of exporting from the other program, changing the file and importing it for only 1 player). So i change the Datastore for the full DB, then search for my player, as i use Database to find him and add to the tournament. he turn red as usual and has all his info (First, last, ID, Phone, City...), but when i go to the table i don't see the name in the unseat column, but in the player list he is there with all his info except the first name and last name. That's the only two field that get clear in this process. To work around for now i simply use new player in Players Tab or i just fill the field manually.
--- End quote ---

Looks like a bug.  When I add a player to the tournament from the Database tab, I see that the Nickname, First name, and Last name are NOT set properly.  I'm sure I introduced this with the database caching.  Good catch, and thanks for reporting it.

FYI, this doesn't happen if you add a player from your database by using the Add Players button on the Players tab, or the Add button on the Controls tab, or from the Dashboard, or by using hotkeys.  It's only when added by right-clicking a player on the Database tab and selecting "Add to tournament" or by editing a player on the Database tab and pressing the "Add to Tournament" button.

--- Quote from: Asegzamfire on December 09, 2013, 09:05:01 PM ---P.S.: I have another little one but yet able to reproduce. My prizes showed at $0 for each prizes. But when i checked the Prizes Tab everything was alright. i just force the automatic and it get fix on the layout. I will try to make the bug appear again to know how it happen.
--- End quote ---

You can force the Game window to update by switching to a different screen and then switching back (like switching to the Player Rankings screen by pressing F3 then back to the Tournament screen by pressing F2).  If you see this again, try this and see if it fixes it.  It would still be a bug, either way, but would be good to know where to look.

Asegzamfire:

--- Quote from: Corey Cooper on December 09, 2013, 09:20:44 PM ---I think you're using the TD a little differently than most.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, i think so lol

--- Quote from: Corey Cooper on December 09, 2013, 09:20:44 PM ---That's ... very strange.  I'll have to look into this one.  If you see it again and could grab a screenshot, that would be great.

--- End quote ---

That's weird, I'm not able to reproduce it...  i keep on trying and get the screen shot when it will happen and what i did at that moment.

--- Quote from: Corey Cooper on December 09, 2013, 09:20:44 PM ---FYI, this doesn't happen if you add a player from your database by using the Add Players button on the Players tab, or the Add button on the Controls tab, or from the Dashboard, or by using hotkeys.  It's only when added by right-clicking a player on the Database tab and selecting "Add to tournament" or by editing a player on the Database tab and pressing the "Add to Tournament" button.

--- End quote ---

We don't use Add players from Players Tab because it open a window witch (correct me if I'm wrong) load the Database each time you open it. So it take a while to load and search a player when you have 5k players or so... not even talking if you pass the 10k players lol. So we are not using it.  Also, like i said, the bug is not a big deal, we simply add the name or we just use new player and add him to the tournament. When we use the import export method, its a a way to do it where we don't care about the internal ID. (no point for a TLB or other stats) That's why we simply add the name as a new player and not added to Database.  If stats are needed we are exporting the players tab in CSV and we work with that.

Asegzamfire:

--- Quote from: Corey Cooper on December 09, 2013, 09:20:44 PM ---That's ... very strange.  I'll have to look into this one.  If you see it again and could grab a screenshot, that would be great.

--- End quote ---

Got it, i was lucky on this one, one of my assistant was changing the background as i was looking the computer from far lol  i jump on the computer right on time to take a screen shot.  He didn't do any special. just open the properties select the window for the picture then select the picture. As he was pressing ok the screen move like you can see in the picture.

Asegzamfire:
Is there any automatic update you did lately?  Cause I'm on a completely different computer and i got the same bug with another window (Add New DataStore). The funny part is this version is not the beta Version, it is the normal one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version