Author Topic: Padding in a cell  (Read 1187 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Padding in a cell
« on: January 30, 2012, 03:08:32 PM »
Could some one explain what padding does in a cell? I have read the reference to it in the help files. But cant figure how this would work or in what context this would be used. Could someone try and explain this for me and to give an example?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Padding in a cell
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:09:49 PM »
Padding represents the amount of space (in pixels) between the edge of a cell and the content of a cell.  Lots of things affect how a cell looks (including the other cells in the layout), so think of it more as the minimum amount of space between the edge of a cell and the content of a cell.

CigarDan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 07:19:44 PM »
Could some one explain what padding does in a cell? I have read the reference to it in the help files. But cant figure how this would work or in what context this would be used. Could someone try and explain this for me and to give an example?

Padded cells are used in the treatment of people with severe psychological disorders that may be dangerous to themselves in a room without padding. Padding represents the buffer between the patient and the wall.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 03:05:15 AM »
Padding represents the amount of space (in pixels) between the edge of a cell and the content of a cell.  Lots of things affect how a cell looks (including the other cells in the layout), so think of it more as the minimum amount of space between the edge of a cell and the content of a cell.
Gotcha!
thanks