Main > Suggestions

Master/Template

<< < (2/2)

Lafrog:
Thanks!

Pascal right?

Asegzamfire:
Pascal it is, who i have the pleasure to talk with?

Lafrog:

--- Quote from: Corey Cooper on September 10, 2015, 10:15:24 PM ---My suggestion would be what you've already done: create your templates and make them read-only.

--- Quote ---At the beginning I locked those files so that they couldn't be overwritten but if the director forgot to do the save as, TD would crash when attempting to save.
--- End quote ---

Crash, as in the whole application stops working and exits?  When I try to save over a file which is read-only, I just get a dialog that says:

Name: Error
Number: 10 - 70
Description: Permission denied
at File.saveFile(String, String)
at saveTournament(String, Boolean)
at saveTournamentDialog()

--- End quote ---

Your right, the program does not crash but the error keeps returning in a loop... The only way to get out of this is by Force Quitting the app.
As I mentioned in the Beta thread. I think TD should quit attempting to save when this dialog is presented to allow for the HUMAN to correct the situation before the next cycle comes along.

Corey Cooper:
Oh, I see now.  This doesn't happen when you attempt to save the tournament.  That is, you'll get an error dialog, but just once.  It's when you turn on Auto-save.  Then it will continually pop-up a dialog as it continually tries to save the tournament.  And, as annoying as that is, there are moments in between the dialogs that you can navigate.  I was able to get back to the Game tab and uncheck Auto-save to make it stop.  Still, it should probably not continually do that, although it's only trying to do what it was told.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version