Author Topic: What's best way to set up: 1 up-front RB; RB's thru 3rd rd; 1 end-of-hr Add On?  (Read 1559 times)

pokerbuddy

• View Profile
First, I need to clarify what we're doing.

We host a tournament where we build an excellent prize pool by offering the following format:

1. the initial buy of $20 in for 5,000 in starting chips;
2. one up front rebuy allowed for $10 for an additional 5,000 in chips;
3. one end of the first hour Add On allowed for $10 for an additional 5,000 in chips.

Players can rebuy during the first hour at any time they are at or below 5,000 in chips.

This means they can take 1 rebuy up front, since a player starts with just 5,000 in chips.

They can also add on only at the end of the first hour (for an additional 5,000 in chips; regardless of chip stack size).

We do this because we've found most people (who would not buy into a $30 buy in tourney) will do a rebuy up front - because they see it doubles there chip stack size and they see everyone else doing it. And, again, most people will do the add on because they see the chips as needed and see that most other players are doing this, also. This builds our prize pool very nicely  ;D

In Tournament Director, this what we've been doing: After putting in all the buy ins: we've been 1. starting the clock; 2. pausing the clock; 3. then hitting 'V' to do the up front rebuys, before the tournament actually begins; 4. then restarting the clock to begin the tournament.

Is there a simpler way to do this (without having to start then pause the clock, etc.) ?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Set the options up on the game tab - the screen that shows when you first start up TD. For starting chips, put your 5000 in there. In the rebuy area, check the allow to rebuy, and allow players still in to rebuy. Put the chips allotted and cost of buy in for their respective boxes. Put the round number for disabled after round # that correlates with the end of the first hour. The add on would be handled the same way as the rebuy would.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

pokerbuddy

• View Profile
Set the options up on the game tab - the screen that shows when you first start up TD. For starting chips, put your 5000 in there. In the rebuy area, check the allow to rebuy, and allow players still in to rebuy. Put the chips allotted and cost of buy in for their respective boxes. Put the round number for disabled after round # that correlates with the end of the first hour. The add on would be handled the same way as the rebuy would.

I have previously made all of the above settings. My question is how can we do all of the up front rebuys - before starting the timer/tournament (since some players will do a rebuy up front before play begins) ?   What we've been doing is starting the clock, pausing...then hitting 'v' and doing all of the up front rebuys...then restarting the clock and beginning the tournament. I was thinking that we might be doing more work than needed. Not that it's really that complicated to start then stop the tournament to do the initial up front rebuys but...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Why do you have to start and pause the tournament in order to perform rebuys?  If you press "V" before the tournament starts, the software will tell you that that rebuys aren't allowed because the tournament hasn't started, BUT there's an "Override" button right on that dialog allowing you to go ahead with the rebuys anyway.

pokerbuddy

• View Profile
Why do you have to start and pause the tournament in order to perform rebuys?  If you press "V" before the tournament starts, the software will tell you that that rebuys aren't allowed because the tournament hasn't started, BUT there's an "Override" button right on that dialog allowing you to go ahead with the rebuys anyway.

I recall seeing that rebuys are not allowed before the start of the tourn. but did not recall seeing the 'override' button. THANKS, Corey. I guess sometimes, I'm just too quick for my own damn good!

I just started using TD again after a long break from tournaments, I promise to get myself up to speed soon!

What great software TD is !

Trash Monkey

• View Profile
We use the "override" button all the time. We use the same type of idea only we don't allow addons. We just allow the players a rebuy that can be used whenever during the first hour. 9 out of 10 will do it pre-game to start "double stacked".