Author Topic: Countdown "pie chart" clock...  (Read 2129 times)

stickyshed

• View Profile
Countdown "pie chart" clock...
« on: May 14, 2016, 07:17:40 PM »
Hi. Is there a way to add a clock graphic like a pie chart that "counts down" remaining level time as a graphical representation? Y'know, ticks down from full to empty...?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown "pie chart" clock...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 12:40:42 PM »
There is.  Check out the <timer> layout token.  It isn't too fancy but will get the job done.

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 03:24:31 PM »
A year late but thanks!

Okay here is my situation and question:

I use the "timer" token as a semi-transparent "background" behind the current blinds.   The timer token is set up to count down (in pie-chart fashion) the remaining seconds in a round.

When the remaining time is five seconds or less, I'd like to replace/amend that timer pie chart with one that just counts down five seconds (in other words, instead of counting down the round value, it will count down a user-defined variable instead).

Is that possible?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 12:41:08 PM »
Sure, I don't see why that's not possible.  Just create another Property Set with conditions "secondsLeft <= 5" and it will be used once the timer gets down to 5 seconds.  If you want some more specific help with the layout you can post it or send it directly to me (support@thetournamentdirector.net).

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 01:13:30 PM »
Thanks Corey.  I've already got the dedicated property set sorted out so that it kicks in at =<5 seconds left.

BUT - as far as I can tell, the timer token is tied to countdown the length of the round. 

Without boring you unnecessarily with the whys:
I need the timer pie chart to countdown five seconds (so that the pie is whole at five seconds and reduces to zero in five second segments) and I'm not sure how to do that.

Does that make sense?

Boring you unnecessarily with the whys:
This would be purely for dramatic effect (20 minute blinds, when there are only a few seconds left the remaining pie is a thin thin sliver (screenshot TTD2). Doing it this way, when there are five seconds left the sliver is replaced by a full pie which is eaten up in seconds (so it'll look more like the pie in screenshot TTD). Visually very effective (I think).

« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:29:17 PM by stickyshed »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 01:17:02 PM »
You're right, it's tied to the time remaining in the current round.  I'll have to see about changing that.

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 01:33:14 PM »
Thanks - being quite new to the delights of this software and HTML, it's hard figuring out what's possible for the user to create and what has to come from you!  If for example I was a HTML wizard would I be able to create the pie chart based on a variable myself, or would you still need to create it?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 02:40:34 PM »
Since the application is stuck in Internet Explorer 7 land at the moment, you definitely need me to create these things.  In the future, it might be possible to do much of this on your own.

FYI, I updated the <timer> token and added an attribute percentage, which takes a formula.  So it's possible to do this, for example:

<timer percentage="(secondsLeft % 6) / 5">

Which causes the timer chart to count down the last 5 seconds.  Actually in this example it goes from 100% circle to gone every 5 seconds, but if this was in a property set that displayed only during the final 5 seconds, I think it would do what you want.

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 03:09:11 PM »
Cool. Is there any way to use that feature now or does it require a change to the Beta version itself (apologies for it being Stupid Question week)?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 04:14:17 PM »
You'll have to wait until 3.4 is finished.  But I have only one feature left to go, so hopefully it will be released soon!

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 01:55:49 PM »
Ran a tourney with this new feature running - very effective.

Thanks for including this!