Author Topic: SOLVED - "Class Doesn't Support Automation" Error  (Read 19723 times)

TheCOG

SOLVED - "Class Doesn't Support Automation" Error
« on: February 25, 2006, 12:15:49 PM »
Yes!!  I described an error in this post, http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=15.msg115#msg115, and after hours of googling it and trying numerous "fixes", I found a site which had the working solution:  http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/r1051594776.

In short, go to a command prompt and type in the following:

regsvr32 msscript.ocx   [enter]
regsvr32 dispex.dll   [enter]
regsvr32 vbscript.dll   [enter]

TD2 works like a charm now, and just in time for my tournament tonight.  I can't wait to try it out.

Cheers, Carl.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED - "Class Doesn't Support Automation" Error
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 01:13:17 PM »
That's great news, Carl.  Glad you were able to find a fix!  Hopefully, this will be a help to other users.  Thanks for sharing it.

ScottBroker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 03:29:23 PM »
Corey,

Will this fix the problem I was having with TD and Microsoft Vista????

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 03:42:43 PM »
I haven't tried the software with Vista yet...

ScottBroker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 03:47:33 PM »
I think I told you it does not work with it.  Dialogue box's are blank.....

troy_xp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 10:06:42 AM »
No love!!

I've tried all suggestions w/o any luck.  However, here's an interesting observation...

I just (yesterday) purchased TD after using it for several tourneys.  It works fine on my laptop (XP SP2).  So, I decided to create a new user account in case I cannot make it to our weekly game so that other players can log-in to my laptop w/o using my main user account.  But with the new user account, TD doesn't work (throws the scrip error).

Not sure what this means but it sound to me like some sort of security setting at the user level (possibly IE).  If said DLLs are not registered properly, why would it work under my main account?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 10:51:09 AM »
Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately, I did not have the same experience.  I created a new user account (limited), and had no trouble running the TD.  I couldn't save a tournament (or preferences, etc), but that is to be expected, as it was attempting to write to the disk in C:\Program Files\...  I imagine had I attempted to save a tournament in the "My Documents" folder of the new user account, I would have had no trouble...

Again, thanks, any new information like this is always helpful.

underdegun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 04:33:44 AM »
Has anyone figured this Automation Server thing out?  Been running TD on my Vista laptop for months and tonight it decides to start throwing these Automation Server errors and wouldn't run.  The fix listed here doesn't work. 

Corry - whats the word?