Author Topic: Using Pictures Stored Locally on Computer for layout  (Read 1517 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Using Pictures Stored Locally on Computer for layout
« on: July 24, 2010, 12:43:30 AM »
I'm thinking about having TD use some pictures that I have stored on my laptop for a background instead of the default blue/green pattern.  Although I believe it is possible, I'm not 100% sure if it is.  Also, if I do go that route, I know I would have to go to an x,y figure to display what I want to be displayed, which I believe I can figure out. Would it be possible to say, use 3 or 4 different pictures, with condition being a certain blind level?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Using Pictures Stored Locally on Computer for layout
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 12:18:38 PM »
The background image can be set for the entire screen.  Each individual cell can have its own background image, too.  Those images (for cells) can be changed based on tournament conditions, like any other cell property.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 12:42:19 PM »
Next question pertaining to this: Where do I go to enter in the x,y coordinates of where I want my cells to be located?
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 11:25:27 AM »
Well, technically you don't.  The screen is arranged according to how much space each cell requires, and is stretched to fill the screen.  Therefore, cells land on the screen where other cells force them to be.  In a manner of speaking.

However, there is a way around this.  If you're wanting to place cells in specific locations and make them specific sizes, that can be done.  Is that what you're trying to do?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 12:24:59 PM »
Sizes, kind of, but location-wise, yes. With looking to use the pic in my stretch issue on the beta forum, I'm looking to move stuff around... More so for me to get yet more familiar with the program and be able to help out others on here more.
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 02:39:58 PM »
Well, to "disconnect" your cell from relative positioning, you'll need to enclose it in an HTML element and modify some styles.  As an example, let's say you are modifying the "Current Time" cell in the default layout.  The HTML of this cell is:

<nobr>Current Time</nobr><br><currenttime showSeconds="t">

Change it to:

<div style="position: absolute; left: 100px; top: 100px"><nobr>Current Time</nobr><br><currenttime showSeconds="t"></div>

The left and top style attributes set the element's position, relative to the top-left corner being 0, 0.  This will take some tweaking to get right.  For example, while the font type and size are the same as those set in the cell's properties, the cell's background color isn't.  You'll have to set that style attribute in the <div> element yourself (font attributes are inherited in HTML, but background colors are not).  Also, you'll notice a very small space likely remains where the cell would normally display.  You might have to group cells you position in this manner so as to minimize unintentional space like that.  You'll very likely find some other peculiarities you'll have to work around.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »
Thanks Corey! I've got a couple of weeks to tweak it out before it's my turn to host for the league again. Am sure by that time I'll have everything worked out right.
---