Main > Help Me

Editing players and keeping stats

(1/1)

Ramjak:
Is there anyway to change a persons nickname ( I use it as their first name) , as I spelled it wrong, and it will still assign stats from previous tournaments to the edited player?  I guess what I am asking is if you edit a player, will the program recognize that and still have the correct stats from saved games?

lethargicdolt:
Look under help for merging players. I think there is a way to do that by mergiing into the corrected player.

Corey Cooper:
Yes.  Each player in your database has an internal, unique identifier.  Changing their nickname, first name, and/or last name will have no effect on stats, other than the player's name will be different.

Ramjak:
I tried to change the nickname to the right spelling of the fellows name, and this error keeps coming up:

'ap' is undefined (pageDatabase: 1381)
 at editDBPlayerDialogValidate(PlayerName, PlayerInfo, null)
 at playerDialogValidate(Unknown, Number)
 at _showDialog(Boolean, String, Array, String, Function, Number, Number, null)
 at _showDialogPreSize(Boolean, String, Array, String, Function, null, null, null)
 at showDialogPreSize(String, Array, String, Function)
 at playerDialog(String, null, PlayerName, PlayerInfo, Set, Number, null, Number, Function)
 at editDBPlayerByUUIDDialog(String)

Any ideas?

Corey Cooper:

--- Quote from: Ramjak on April 06, 2006, 02:02:49 AM ---I tried to change the nickname to the right spelling of the fellows name, and this error keeps coming up:

'ap' is undefined (pageDatabase: 1381)
 at editDBPlayerDialogValidate(PlayerName, PlayerInfo, null)
 at playerDialogValidate(Unknown, Number)
 at _showDialog(Boolean, String, Array, String, Function, Number, Number, null)
 at _showDialogPreSize(Boolean, String, Array, String, Function, null, null, null)
 at showDialogPreSize(String, Array, String, Function)
 at playerDialog(String, null, PlayerName, PlayerInfo, Set, Number, null, Number, Function)
 at editDBPlayerByUUIDDialog(String)

Any ideas?

--- End quote ---

Yes, known bug in the current version.  It's giving an error when it is attempting to warn you that the player's first name + last name is the same as some other player in your database.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version