Author Topic: TD2 and Windows 7  (Read 1891 times)

CypherDragon

• View Profile
TD2 and Windows 7
« on: June 20, 2010, 03:03:46 PM »
Hey Corey,

I recently ran a tournament using TD2 version 2.5.11 on a laptop running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, and I am still receiving script errors sporadically.  I also received an actual error at one point, but being that I was in the middle of a tournament (and still in) I didn't write it down.  Could you tell me what log files/debugging would help you to narrow down this issue?  In the meantime, I'm loading TD on an old XP laptop since it's not working right with 7 64-bit :(

*Edit*
More system info:
IE: v. 8.0.7600.16358 256-bit
RAM: 3 GB
CPU: Intel Core2Duo P8400 @ 2.27 GHz
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 03:21:58 PM by CypherDragon »

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: TD2 and Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 09:20:04 PM »
Just to follow up on the script debugging error, I am running on Vista using 2.5.11

I had 1 script error on a 2 day event with the clock running for over 20 hours, the error popped up on day 2 when we were down to around 4 tables out of 13

1 Error in that amount of time I can live with TBA, it seems the main cause has been eradicated.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:08:58 AM »
Thanks for the updates, guys.  There aren't any log files because the software doesn't produce any unless it is in debugging mode, and that is disabled for the released versions for performance reasons.  I'm glad I was able to knock out most of the errors, and I'm very frustrated that I wasn't able to get them all.  I guess I'll have to do some further long-running tests.  Keep the reports coming if you see any more errors like this.  And the actual text of the errors would be very helpful, although I know right in the middle of a tournament is not the time to be writing down error messages.

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »
I've had some lingering problems with 64-bit Win 7 as well.  I'll screen cap the next time they occur, but it seems it only occurs when I'm doing an elimination and there is a table move.

The man, the myth, the moose!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 11:17:35 AM »
Also running 64 bit here since Jan/Feb, and I've only run into 2 script errors, both when I upgraded to alpha/beta versions, nothing that's caused major concern until this past tuesday, where I ran a tournament, and I got an error where it wanted to report directly via email through the program - only issue was there was  no wi-fi connection for me to hook up to.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!