Author Topic: My Layout - For Sale?  (Read 18815 times)

Adz

• View Profile
My Layout - For Sale?
« on: October 31, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »
This took me 8 hours to get right but I finally completed my new layout. I am thinking of selling a un-branded version to people interested for small fee.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: My Layout - For Sale?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 10:59:01 AM »
A nice layout, but now people have seen it, it could easily be copied and even improved on.

There are plenty of people on here who will make and give ideas and are only too willing to help sort any problems that people may have. And they do it NOT for money but because it is a community. A community (and if you have read the past posts) that are more than willing to help out fellow members of the forum.

And the cost. ABSOLUTLY NOTHING - apart from friendship, a sense of camaraderie and a willingness to do something for nothing.

When i first joined this forum I knew F** ALL. I read EVERY past post and learned a hell of a lot. If i didn't understand something, I posted and i always got answers to my queries or sent into the right direction. Its getting to the point now that i have even answered a couple of questions.

Sorry but i think its the wrong pace to put a for sale sign up

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 11:16:52 AM »
True that Mahound,  I have this ( aka Hollywood Poker )  layout easy to do. Ive posted afew layouts and did alot of them for members at no charge and all it took was    ( can you help me ) But thats just me.

Adz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 11:37:10 AM »
If people want to attempt to create it themselves than I have no problem with that, like I say it took me a very long time to finish it and get it to display correctly in the right resolutions.

I didn't put up a for sale sign and I had this topic cleared with Corey Cooper also so I know I have not done that. I was merely touching on the possibility of selling it. My basis for this was that I was looking for a clean layout before I made this one (unfortunately I have never come across a professionally good looking one) and if someone else had one for sale I would have been willing to pay for it rather than waste many hours doing it.

If it offends you I would rather you not reply.

Adz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 11:44:36 AM »
Adding onto what I have just said, if it took me 20 minutes to make like all of the layouts I have seen available, then I would put it up for free.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 12:37:11 AM »
The beer on me. ;D   I was going too post our's this Friday when I got to that laptop, But Jason sent me a pic of his, ;)  he took out his logo and replace it with the second clock, Now it looks about the same as yours, and there are buttons on his can you find them.... Cheers TIMMER
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:10:58 AM by TIMMER »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 01:11:15 AM »
I wish I had the time & skill to come up with designs like this.... Would love to have something close to what I see people post on here :) Guess I'm sticking to good ol' Green n Blue!
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Adz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 05:04:56 AM »
The beer on me. ;D   I was going too post our's this Friday when I got to that laptop, But Jason sent me a pic of his, ;)  he took out his logo and replace it with the second clock, Now it looks about the same as yours, and there are buttons on his can you find them.... Cheers TIMMER

Mine makes your one look like a 5 year old drew it

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 09:00:30 AM »
From a 5 year old to a 5 year old, not much to change.      Edit the pic, of Jason's up top is about 3 or 4 years old
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:53:08 AM by TIMMER »

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 09:38:33 AM »
Hi guys, 2 years ago I made this layout for christmas. it took me more than 40 hours to align everything, do the animation and do the audio editing.
extract the zip file into your templates folder. load the layout file and the sounds template. there is music that plays during the countdown (just prior to the start of the tournament) as well as custom sounds for 1 minute remaining and the blinds going up.
I also have a halloween layout i spent about 5-10 hours with audio editing and a star wars (i have a few elements to fix stlll) that use flash. i spent close to 30 hours doing this one. I'll make the others available off my web site soon.
My christmas layout can be downloaded at www.jodystacey.com/xmaslayout.zip

Adz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 05:58:37 AM »
From a 5 year old to a 5 year old, not much to change.      Edit the pic, of Jason's up top is about 3 or 4 years old

your point is what exactly? its inspired from that layout yes, well done. I gaurentee you could never come up with anything as professional looking and then format and align it proper to run at 1080p.

my layout is the most professional looking I have seen, bring me something that looks anywhere near as good and I begin to listen to you.

GreenTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 07:10:07 AM »
.......my layout is the most professional looking I have seen, bring me something that looks anywhere near as good and I begin to listen to you.

Is this "a biggest dick" contest?! Anyway, here's what you asked for, http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=1539.0

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 08:33:31 AM »
I'd have too agree with GreenTurtle on this.

Adz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 08:45:34 AM »
.......my layout is the most professional looking I have seen, bring me something that looks anywhere near as good and I begin to listen to you.

Is this "a biggest dick" contest?! Anyway, here's what you asked for, http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=1539.0

No I am just sticking up for myself, perhaps read the comments above before passing judgement. The layout you have posted is good, much better than others, it is still basic however.

Timmer you would agree with him because you need someone on your side. Your layout is really bad, really.

Fact is my layout has been rated highly by everyone that has seen it in action, its not my fault that just because I mention charging for it people get annoyed like I have no right to charge for my work? That is the basis of your argument.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 10:10:29 AM »
your right, i always want somebody on my side lol, so how much does 8 hours cost ?