Author Topic: iPhone integration  (Read 4692 times)

pforsstrom

• View Profile
iPhone integration
« on: July 15, 2009, 04:25:10 PM »
There are now a number of tournament manager applications on the iPhone. Some of them are getting very nice, and innovative. One particular one is called PokerBuddy and has a feature that let's other iPhones connect to the master time keeping app and mirror the information. This is a great capability for when a tournament spans multiple rooms in a home, or when some tables don't have visibility of the timer.

So, that leads me to my feature requests:
1 - a way to mirror key tourney information on iPhones or iPod touchesl (VNC is too complicated for the average player)
2 - a way to remotely record knockouts, pause the time, etc from an iPhone with "admin" privileges -- since at our tournament for example the admin is also playing, it would also be useful to allow more than one person with an iPhone access privileges to do so.

-Pete

SSSOP

• www.sssop.com
    • View Profile
    • www.sssop.com
Re: iPhone integration
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 09:57:43 PM »
Thank you for the VNC idea. I am now using Jaadu VNC to control my Tournament Director display remotely from my iphone and works like a charm! I am currently setting up 2 computers (1 running the app & 1 mirroring via Dameware) for multi-room play.
the "Snake"
SSSOP Tournament Director

robertchas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 10:49:49 AM »
Thank you for the VNC idea. I am now using Jaadu VNC to control my Tournament Director display remotely from my iphone and works like a charm! I am currently setting up 2 computers (1 running the app & 1 mirroring via Dameware) for multi-room play.

This what i was doing but got fed up with having to move the screen about all the time, is this what you are doing.

chas

robertchas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 10:54:27 AM »
What would be great would be a iphone version of TD, basically you set up TD as normal then export tournament to iphone, iphone then stays in sync over wi-fi and has basic bust out, pause, blinds and so on, the display would have to be designed to fit the touch's screen.

That would be the perfect combination.

chas

SSSOP

• www.sssop.com
    • View Profile
    • www.sssop.com
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 09:00:24 PM »
My laptop runs Tournament Director and VNC server. My iphone runs the VNC client. The Tournament Director screen shows on both the plasma screen connected to my laptop and on my iphone. I use the keyboard on my iphone to run all the keyboard controls. It's cool! The screen on the plasma doesn't move around, but does show the cursor and menu screens when I'm controlling it using the iphone.
the "Snake"
SSSOP Tournament Director

robertchas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 01:18:36 PM »
My laptop runs Tournament Director and VNC server. My iphone runs the VNC client. The Tournament Director screen shows on both the plasma screen connected to my laptop and on my iphone. I use the keyboard on my iphone to run all the keyboard controls. It's cool! The screen on the plasma doesn't move around, but does show the cursor and menu screens when I'm controlling it using the iphone.

That is similar to what I am doing, I use dual monitor though so the laptop and ipod only show config screen and the plasmaa shows the tournament, you can also show the tourney on the iphone aswell, it could just be so much better if someone would develop a app to control TD directly.

Chas

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »
I just got my itouch this christmas (I'm typing this MSG on it now) and I would like to know how to do this. Can someone walk me through it? I have no idea what a vnc server is or how to set it up