Author Topic: Re: Displaying Text on Banner Sets  (Read 1677 times)

DaveBullets

• View Profile
Re: Displaying Text on Banner Sets
« on: September 25, 2007, 03:53:57 AM »
I was wondering if it's possible to display text on banner sets.  I only see an option to insert an image.

Lastly, is it possible to make the banner image or text flash?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 10:32:49 AM »
Currently only images are allowed for banners.  I've got an item on my to-do list to be able to display text instead of just images in banners, but it's pretty low priority.

To make it flash, you'd have to do some GIF animation, probably.

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 01:30:18 AM »
I'm not too familiar with gif animation, are you saying the image itself is a preprogrammed image that flashes? or is there a code, formula, html text or something that will trigger it to flash?

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 08:57:36 AM »
gif animation is simply a series of gif images that are "scrolled" in the same place at a designated rate.  Much like a flip page cartoon.

You create the series of images that display in a space and then with a gif animation program you sequence how these images appear in that space.  The animated gif series is then "packaged" into a single gif file that will display the sequence when inserted into a web page (or in this case TD).

Many gif animation programs are out there and your image editing program may already have the capability of making gif animations.

With gif animation you could make an image "flash" by creating a regular image, then created a "bright" image and loop those 2 images.  You can have a scrolling banner of text using the same functionality.

Before JAVA and other scripting programs capability, the main way you saw motion on the internet (way back) was with the use of animated gif files.

I use Paint Shop Pro as my image editing program and it comes with a program called Animation Shop that will create these gif animations.

They are not very hard to create.

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 02:06:18 AM »
I see.  Thanks for the thorough explanation.