Author Topic: Stats page  (Read 2023 times)

whirlers

• View Profile
Stats page
« on: May 29, 2011, 07:32:13 AM »
Sorry for all thse questions lately, i just thought it was about time to use this software to it's potential....i just have no idea how to do most of it  ;D

As we run a 12 week league, i am constantly using the stats page to show the players where they stand in the leaderboard & any other useful stats they require. What i'm wondering is can the stats page be shown as a screen set like the table, player ranking etc etc pages and if so how do i add this into my tournament, say.....every 5 mins the current leaderboard pops up during the main game for 15 secs.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Stats page
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 10:29:55 AM »
Don't worry about asking questions - we're here to help when we're able to!

Best bet to get the stats to show is to export the stats to csv, then to open it with excel. Then save it as html (this is key).

Then in TD, create a new screen. you'll want to use the <iframe> token. I believe that you'll want it to be something like this: <iframe "source=(path to the html file)" width=600 height=600>

You can modify the height and width as you need to - just don't put values larger than your screen resolution, otherwise the page will obviously go off the screen.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 10:58:26 AM »
TD can export the stats directly to HTML...no need to go to csv first (unless you want to manipulate the stats first.\)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 11:30:38 AM »
TD can export the stats directly to HTML...no need to go to csv first (unless you want to manipulate the stats first.\)

Bah... Forgot that... LOL... I usually do manipulate the look of the stats, which is why I stated to goto csv... thanks for the correction jody (or clarification) :)
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 06:40:31 PM »
Cheers guys.

Having never done this before i'm kinda lost.
I have saved the league as a html
I have created a new screen screen called leaderboard

Now i'm lost, do i insert a cell/column then insert a token into the cell ?? I'm not sure i can even find the tokens lol

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 06:45:34 PM »
Ok i have sussed the tokens, but i can't seem to find a iFrame token.....am i looking in the wrong place ??

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 08:51:18 PM »
you don't really need to look for the token, as you can copy it from here, and paste it into TD, and just replace the one part with the path to your file name. Otherwise, if you still can't find it, reply back and I'll search for it on my comp and letcha know.
---

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 05:03:28 AM »
I did try copy & pasting with replacing your text with my html location, but nothing seems to be happening

This is what i'm using

<iframe "source=(C:\Users\Whirlers\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\saves\Leaderboard.html)" width=800 height=800>

If i change the background to black for the cell, i can see a white box with my specified size's but no text for some reason.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 07:53:04 AM »
<iframe> is an HTML element, not a TD token.  You can find documentation all over the web for it, but here's a link to Microsoft's documentation:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535258(v=VS.85).aspx

You should change yours to:

<iframe src="C:\Users\Whirlers\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\saves\Leaderboard.html" width=800 height=800>

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 09:17:26 AM »
Thx Corey that did the trick