Main > Help Me

Latency

<< < (12/13) > >>

Kerry George DeVore:
Loading directly from the save folder did not change my problem. However, loading the beta version did. Although it still has the latency problem but at least I'm up and flying.

stickyshed:

--- Quote from: stickyshed on June 03, 2016, 07:38:38 AM ---I know, it's without doubt the best tourney management software I've seen. I just can't use it.

Plus, the evaluation period has expired so I can't do anything with it to see what might make a difference.

--- End quote ---

Corey, given my last post on this subject (above), I'm just letting you know I had a windows update last night and I thought I'd try the TD software to see what happened (had forgotten the evaluation period had expired). As luck would have it, the EP was reset to 30 days.

The above latency was greatly reduced to the point where the software was actually useable. It was still slow in some places (clicking on players to rebuy took a while, that sort of thing), but on the whole, acceptable.

This morning, I updated to the latest Beta version.

Any and every latency issue disappeared. Given the nature of software and hardware, I can't 100% say the two are linked but if anyone still has issues I'd recommend they update to the latest Beta if they haven't already.

Great job on this software BTW, easily the most powerful out there.

Corey Cooper:
Thanks so much for the update.  The latest beta does have an update that hopefully fixes the issue for most people.  The next step will be to just move away from the abandoned framework that the application is currently based on.  3.4 is ridiculously close to complete and I can't wait to finish it so I can get started on the move.

As for the resetting of the evaluation period: it seems Microsoft has taken to cleaning up quite a bit for their big updates.  It's a little frustrating but not the end of the world.  Some people will get extra time to check out the application.  I'm OK with that.

Thanks again for the info!

stickyshed:
Quote:As for the resetting of the evaluation period: it seems Microsoft has taken to cleaning up quite a bit for their big updates.  It's a little frustrating but not the end of the world.  Some people will get extra time to check out the application.  I'm OK with that.

Put it this way - if it hadn't reset the evaluation period I wouldn't be here now saying how great your software works :)

Interested to see what happens with my other laptop (that one doesn't have the "workaround" applied to it) when I update...

Whiterhino:
It's back..... since Windows update the dreaded latency is back..... will try workaround again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version