Author Topic: Dumb question  (Read 1611 times)

jalimamba

• View Profile
Dumb question
« on: January 26, 2011, 04:55:30 PM »
I loaded this program onto my laptop but once in the program the right click doesn't work. Any other program works fine. Does anybody have a solution?

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Dumb question
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 05:21:15 PM »
If you are using 2.6b4 and trying to right click in the layout tab your right, try right click on the Toolbox for the cell you want or main page Corey fixed it for 2.6 final

jalimamba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 06:19:43 PM »
I have downloaded the latest TD version 2.5.11, and even upgraded to the 2.6 beta, but the right-click function is not working!  It works for every other program i have on my laptop, but for some reason it is disabled in TD.  Is there a setting i need to change? please advise.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 06:25:32 PM »
Yeh, if you where on 2.5.11 then upgraded 2.6 then that why

jalimamba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 06:32:30 PM »
no, it was not working w/ v2.5.11, so i then upgraded to beta, and STILL not working

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 06:33:46 PM »
Have you tried on multiple tabs? Have you tried purely on the game screen?

Are you trying to right click on the game window with the settings open?

Where and what are you trying to do I guess is what I'm trying to get at, because there is multiple ways to do the same thing... I honestly don't use the right click but once or twice a month, and even then, mainly just to try to see what I can do for that menu.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:36:59 PM by Magic_fubu »
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »
You're hitting a problem about 3 or 4 other people that I am aware of have run into.  In all likelihood it is a conflict with another program installed on your PC.  Possibly a plug-in to Internet Explorer.  Possibly even a virus or spyware of some sort.  Problem is, I don't know what the issue is, and everyone that I am aware of has ultimately resolved it by reinstalling Windows, which is a pretty drastic resort.

Do you have a pop-up blocker installed on your PC?  The context menus (right-click menus) use a feature of Internet Explorer that might have been at one time exploited by websites to show a pop-up, although frankly they are not well suited for that.  Regardless, an overzealous pop-up blocker might be preventing the TD software from displaying the context menu.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »
Do you have a pop-up blocker installed on your PC?  The context menus (right-click menus) use a feature of Internet Explorer that might have been at one time exploited by websites to show a pop-up, although frankly they are not well suited for that.  Regardless, an overzealous pop-up blocker might be preventing the TD software from displaying the context menu.

If you do have a pop up blocker, you could theoretically lower the privacy settings during the time which you're running TD, which should resolve the problem if the pop up blocker is the reason. If not, then there would be something else that would need to be done, as Corey noted. 

I use AVG which (I believe) incorporates a pop up blocker, but I've never personally had any issues with right clicking. I don't know what my IE settings are, since I use Firefox as my primary browser.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!