Author Topic: OMG! Big Tournament tomorrow, PLEASE HELP ME with these tables!!!?  (Read 1459 times)

maneframe150

• View Profile
 ???

OMG, Please help me!, I have a poker tournament tomorrow and the software is doing something weird!

I've never had an issue like this before.  I have two tables with 10 seats each.  Typically, if I only have, say, 14 players, the TD will assign 7 to table 1 and 7 to table 2, seated 1 through 7.  This is what I am used of. Then, typically players will bust out until there are 10 left and we will be placed on one "final" table.

Now, for some reason, if I have 14 players it will assign 6 to table 1 and 8 to table two.  The seats are assigned and the tables unbalanced.  Even if it assigns 7 and 7, it will seat the players oddly.  For example seat 1, seat 2, seat 5, seat 6, seat 8, seat9 and seat 10 will be filled leaving gaps in the table.

What happened????????

Please help me!

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: OMG! Big Tournament tomorrow, PLEASE HELP ME with these tables!!!?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 09:58:12 AM »
I just posted this over at Scott's Table forum for you:

Make sure you don't have any seats "locked" (on the tables tab, there is a "lock" button, click that and clear all locks).

On the settings tab for tables, make sure player disparity is set to "1".

Also, make sure on the settings tab, that the box is marked "move players as close to seat 1 as possible"

This last maneuver will likely fix your problem alone.

unseat all players,

if need be, you can "make seat unavailable" for seats 8, 9, and 10. At least when you do your initial seating, then you can make them available again. You shouldn't have to do this.

then reseat the players.

If it still doesn't work (should), you could always manually move the players next to one another and also just manually move players to even out the tables (by dragging and dropping players to a new seat at a different table or at the same table).

You should not have to do the manual thing. I have the latest TD and it will seat 14 players as 7 & 7 at 2 tables with all players seated at seats 1-7. I just tried it.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: OMG! Big Tournament tomorrow, PLEASE HELP ME with these tables!!!?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 09:56:07 AM »
maneframe150 emailed me about this, and was using the "Auto seat at buy-in" functionality, which does NOT balance.

If you use the "Auto seat at buy-in" feature, you must realize that your seating won't necessarily be balanced after everyone buys-in.  You'll need to manually balance the players, or initiate a player movement suggestion to make sure seating is balanced.