Author Topic: Break or round?  (Read 3658 times)

Jonas

• View Profile
Break or round?
« on: September 29, 2007, 08:30:31 AM »
I have one sound that plays when there are 60 seconds left of every ROUND:

(roundNum > 0) && (state = 2) && (secondsLeft = 60)

This is fine, but I also have a different sound that I want to play when there are 60 seconds left of every BREAK:

(breakNum > 0) && (state = 2) && (secondsLeft = 60)

This does not work... Both work the same way, the one higher in the list will play.

I'm sure there are a simple solution, but I can't think of it... Anyone?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Break or round?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 11:59:15 AM »
The tooltip for "breakNum" says "The current break number, or 0 if not currently in a break."  This is not strictly correct and has been changed for the next version.

breakNum is 0 only until the first break occurs.  It is then always the number of the most recent break.  During the 1st break, it will be "1".  After the 1st break and until the 2nd break has been reached, breakNum will continue to be 1.

roundNum is exactly the same except that it is always 1 until after the 1st round (it will never be 0).

Change your conditions to:

isRound && (state = 2) && (secondsLeft = 60)

and

(!isRound) && (state = 2) && (secondsLeft = 60)

Jonas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 07:00:30 AM »
Aha!

So I guess this statement: (!isRound) && (state = 2) && (secondsLeft = 60) - translates:

"If NOT in a round but still in the game and with 60 seconds left"

...?

Smart system you've made Corey. Extremely flexible. Just takes a little while for us with limited programing skills to develop the fancy features we want.

luckily for us, your not only smart - but helpful as well  ;D

I keep thinking I've paid way to little for this program  :D

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 11:07:47 AM »
Correct.

Thanks - I just wish I could keep the flexibility and make it easier to use...

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 08:53:35 AM »
Excited to see the new events tab.

I just read the full help file (again  :o) for the newest version and I am struggling a bit with the conditions for events.

I don't quite see where there is an explanation what the different parameters that can be used are.

For instance - what does the "state = 2" mean in the condition above and where do I find out that I could use "secondsLeft" as a term (and what other terms are usable?).

I imagine that for most of the events that I would use I can manipulate a defined event, but just trying to see what the possibilities are.  There are probably listings of these condition terms somewhere, but I may have missed them.

As a suggestion I would also like to see a listing of all the token names in the help file.  I know that I can bring them up by inserting a new token and then checking what is available, but I think a list of available tokens in the help file would be nice (unless I missed those too :-[)

Thanks corey for a really good program.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 11:20:05 AM »
The available variables are listed in the "Test Conditions" section of the Event dialog.  Hover over a variable name or right-click and select "Show Tooltip" for a description of the variable.

Frankly, the reason the variables (and the layout tokens) aren't listed in the manual is that they are listed and fully explained within the program itself.  It felt redundant to include all of the same information in the manual (plus, I would have to keep them in sync, so laziness has to be factored in :-) ).