Author Topic: ?new event formula?  (Read 3545 times)

docdawson007

• View Profile
?new event formula?
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:10:31 PM »
trying to create a New Event from scratch.  When the break begins I have a sound file created in New Action.  I have completed the Action Settings.  I just can't figure out what the Trigger should be nor the formula to use in the Conditions area.  Is it something like Trigger= a level ends?  Conditions= isBreak1??   Just not a programmer at all  :0  dd

ver 2.5.12
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:12:05 PM by docdawson007 »

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: ?new event formula?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 05:32:55 PM »
Trigger: A Level Starts
Conditions: (state = 2) and (not isRound)

From memory, I think is what you are looking for

Regards
Stu
Stuart Murray

docdawson007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 09:36:38 PM »
yup, works just fine.  Thanks.  dd

smedlock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 09:28:26 AM »
trying to create a New Event from scratch.  When the break begins I have a sound file created in New Action.  I have completed the Action Settings.  I just can't figure out what the Trigger should be nor the formula to use in the Conditions area.  Is it something like Trigger= a level ends?  Conditions= isBreak1??   Just not a programmer at all  :0  dd

ver 2.5.12
I'm not a programmer either, and have a similar need for an event formula.  We allow addons during the first two breaks, but after (breaks after rounds 3 and 6).  I have a sound file that explains the addon process that I want to play after rounds 3 and 6, but after any other rounds.  Using the formula shown here, that sound file would play after every break.

Can anyone suggest the formulas to use for different sounds for different breaks?  Or even better, is there any sort of list or index of formulas available to us for a variety of events?

Thanks in advance.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 09:09:08 PM »
Trigger: A level ends
Conditions: (state = 2) and ((round = 3) or (round = 6))

The user manual has information on the variables available and on constructing conditions (although the variables are also listed, with tooltips, in the Conditions panel of the Event dialog) .  But you'll need some basic algebra to put a conditions formula together.  The included sample events are intended as a guide so you can modify them to suit your needs.

smedlock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 06:35:38 AM »
Conditions: (state = 2) and ((round = 3) or (round = 6))

The user manual has information on the variables available and on constructing conditions (although the variables are also listed, with tooltips, in the Conditions panel of the Event dialog) .  But you'll need some basic algebra to put a conditions formula together.  The included sample events are intended as a guide so you can modify them to suit your needs.

Thank you very much Corey.  I looked for the variables in the manual but didn't find them.  I'll look again.

smedlock

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 08:43:37 AM »
Corey, this still didn't work.  I did discover that instead of (round = 3) I had to use (roundNum = 3), but even after making that change the event fires after rounds 3 and 6, but also at the end of break 1 and 2 (beginning of round 4 and 7).  Here is the formula for the condition I am using:

(state = 2) and ((roundNum = 3) or (roundNum = 6))

Using this formula, the event fires at the end of round 3 and 6, but also at the end of break 1 and break 2. I can't figure out how to get that to stop.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 10:56:16 PM »
Whoops, sorry, you are entirely correct.  The variable is roundNum and not round.  I was working from [a clearly faulty] memory.  Try this:

(state = 2) and isRound and ((roundNum = 3) or (roundNum = 6))

smedlock

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 08:44:55 AM »
Whoops, sorry, you are entirely correct.  The variable is roundNum and not round.  I was working from [a clearly faulty] memory.  Try this:

(state = 2) and isRound and ((roundNum = 3) or (roundNum = 6))

That did it Corey.  Thanks so much for your help!