Author Topic: 1 player in season has 2 different names  (Read 1740 times)

jkbrekne

• View Profile
1 player in season has 2 different names
« on: September 19, 2012, 03:23:13 AM »
Help again, we have a seson ongoing, and for some reason wich im not sure of, 1 player are registered with 2 different names, how can I transfers points from one to the other and delete the one that is incorrect??

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: 1 player in season has 2 different names
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 10:17:35 AM »
What you will need to do is to load up the tournaments where the incorrect name has played. I believe it's on the players tab where it will allow you to "unmerge" the player from the database. This will remove the association as it presently is with the database, and the player's name will become italicised. Now, you can "merge" it with the proper name. Once done with all the tournaments, you can remove the incorrect name from the database to prevent it from happening in the future.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 11:44:38 AM »
If you have a lot of tournaments in which this player participated, to reduce the amount of work you have to do you'll want to try to determine how many tournaments there are where the player participated as "Player A" and how many tournaments there are where the player participated as "Player B".  I a situation like this, you've probably got a lot of tournaments where the player participated as "Player A", and one or a few tournaments where the player participated as "Player B".  If you can determine this is the case, delete "Player B" from the database, then load up the tournament(s) where "Player B" participated.  Then do as Magic_fubu said: go to the Players tab and look for the italicized "Player B" (which means the player isn't in the database, which is true because you just deleted the player from the database).  Edit the player and "Merge" the player with "Player A" in the database.  Then save the tournament.  Repeat for each tournament in which the player was "Player B".

jkbrekne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 02:53:10 PM »
thanx , worked like a charm, lucky me it was only one tournament :)