Author Topic: How to properly Chop points.  (Read 4794 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: How to properly Chop points.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 12:26:18 PM »
Glad to hear it. I finally found an unsecured site, and was getting the same thing about TD "knowing" only the ranks, not that the ranks themselves are chopped. As an idea, Corey, would it be possible to see something implemented where if the chop occurs, TD internally chops the rank? Like if 2nd and 3rd chop, they export as 2nd and 2nd, but internally are 2.5 and 2.5? (I hope I made some sense?)

As I mentioned, the chop allows you to set the ranks as you want, but the program isn't designed to use fractional ranks.  I've never even heard of that approach, and I'm having a hard time even reconciling it as "correct" in my head.  What advantage do you get from this?

My thought process on it was if it awards the same rank of "2" and gives the points for 2nd to both, that this would at least somehow allow the program to take 2nd and 3rd, combine the points, divide it up by two, and award that result to both players. Just me thinking a bit outside the box I guess  ;D
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 10:17:15 AM »
Interesting thought for sure.

punsterr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 12:00:08 AM »
I know this thread is a bit dated, but I wanted to see if the formulaic points chop concept has been implemented in more recent versions of the software.  Similar to the original poster, I run my tournaments with both cash and points.  I use a formula to award points.  I'd love to be able to chop points without having to manually adjust each individual player. 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 03:21:08 PM »
No, sorry, this has not been implemented.