Author Topic: Auto save will not enable  (Read 1961 times)

kleiden

• View Profile
Auto save will not enable
« on: March 26, 2013, 02:53:04 PM »
Started a tournament the first night went great. second tournament will not save, I cant enable auto save or load previous tournament from "LOAD" tab. we wrote down all info that night and Ive tried to enter many times once game is over you cant save anything "AUTO-SAVE" tab locks up. But I still have first tournament info. please help, our third tournament is coming up and I really would like to use TD instead of paper and pencil. Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto save will not enable
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »
You are perhaps the 3rd person to have recently reported this issue.  Something, another application or a Windows update perhaps, is interfering or blocking the Active-X control that the TD uses to access system file dialogs (and font dialogs and color dialogs).  Since according to your description it worked the first night but not the second, do you know what might have changed on your PC between those two times?

kleiden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 10:03:04 AM »
My pc updates all the time so that could be but im not real quick on the computer so any direction you can give me from that would be great not familiar with active x but im gonna find someone to show me is there anything else I. Can check while im on there if that don't work

Spike4hand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 04:13:53 PM »
I have the same problem and have a tourney in two hours. Need help right away

Spike4hand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »
Tried disabling the security checks on every active x control with no love  >:(

Spike4hand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 07:25:58 PM »
OK, went back and uninstalled the Internet Explorer Version 10 upgrade and that solved the issue for me.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 02:05:07 PM »
While I'm happy that you got things working, that's a very unfortunate solution.

I'm currently doing everything I can to reproduce this issue, but I've had no luck.  Can't make it happen on Windows 7 or Windows 8.

kleiden

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 02:38:44 PM »
hello
I got windows 8 and I don't believe I can use ie 9 instead of 10. I messed with active x setting and it was an epic failure. The only thing I can come up with is when Microsoft issued 8 they did take in consideration for any other programs. I have got help from someone that knows a little more then me and any more help would be outstanding.  ;D
Also I don't think there was a problem with the program till a blue and yellow shield is attached to the icon. Any suggestions
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 03:03:29 PM by kleiden »