Author Topic: LAYOUT question  (Read 1612 times)

ShannonRyu

• View Profile
LAYOUT question
« on: July 15, 2007, 02:05:38 PM »
why are some of the words crossed out and why does the number of players who rebuy disapear from the tournament screen after rebuys are over?

CHaBou

• View Profile
Re: LAYOUT question
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 03:43:45 PM »
If a cell has its words crossed out, it's because the cell won't be displayed.

There is 2 reasons for not displaying a cell :
  • Automatic : For example, Re-Buys won't be displayed if rebuys are not allowed
  • Manual : On Cell Properties (Right click on a cell -> <cell> Properties) there's a checkbox "Display Cell"

I don't know why your number disapears... Maybe because rebuy are not allowed anymore and cell is automatically hidden. Maybe you could override this feature... I don't know

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 10:26:50 AM »
The layout displayed on the Layout tab shows the cell placement and the name of the cell.  It's not exactly a "preview" of what you will see on the Tournament page, but it's a "likeness" I suppose.

Crossed-out cell names designate that the cell will not be displayed in the presently selected "state".  If you click the "View for..." button, you can change the simulated "state" of the tournament, so that you can get an idea of how your layout will look in a different state.  The default state is set such that rebuys and add-ons are not allowed.  In the default layout, the Rebuys cell does not display if your tournament doesn't allow rebuys.  Why would you want to display the number of rebuys if your tournament doesn't allow them at all?  (Likewise for the Add-ons cell.)

There is a difference in "not allowed" and "no longer allowed".  The Rebuys cell is configured to not display if rebuys are not allowed.  What that means is if rebuys are allowed the cell will display, and will continue to display even after the rebuy period has ended.  If rebuys are not allowed in your tournament at all, the Rebuys cell will not display.

This brings up a point, though, and may explain why the Rebuys cell disappears in your tournament after your rebuy period ends.

The "Rebuy Players" dialog, when invoked by the user, will not allow rebuys if the rebuy period has ended.  However, it gives you the options to override the fact that the rebuy period has ended, and allows you to rebuy if you want to.  Recently, I changed the "Bust Players Out" dialog to give this option as well.  When you bust players out, if rebuys are allowed, it gives the option to immediately rebuy a player so they can keep their current seat.  If the rebuy period had ended, it simply skipped this step.  So I added the option to override, meaning if rebuys are allowed in your tournament, every time you bust a player out it will ask if the player wants to rebuy, even after the rebuy period has ended.  This quickly became a nuisance, so I added the option to disable rebuys directly from that "override" dialog.  I implemented this by simply turning off the "rebuys allowed" option, which essentially means rebuys aren't allowed for the tournament (doesn't matter if you've already rebought players, those rebuys still stand).  This would cause the Rebuys cell to disappear, since it displays based on the "Rebuys allowed" option.

I need to change the way this is implemented.

ShannonRyu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 04:44:15 PM »
Thank you.  It is fixed.  I changed the setting in the VIEW FOR... menu.