Author Topic: First Ante Layout Cell Token Expression  (Read 1394 times)

HBHaynie

• View Profile
First Ante Layout Cell Token Expression
« on: August 19, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »
Using Tournament Director 3.2, a typical game might have antes starting on round 9 after the end of the second break Rounds 1-4 have no antes followed by break 1, rounds 6-8 also have no antes followed by break 2.  The first round to have antes is round 9, after which all rounds have antes that increase in accordance with the rounds settings.  In other words, rounds 1-8 have ante values of 0 in the rounds tab, round 9 has the first non zero ante value, say $100.

I wish to place a cell on the game clock layout with text = Round Antes Start and a token expression, which for this game evaluates to 9, 9 being the first round with an ante > 0.  The cell should display Round Antes Start:  9 persistently.

Hmmm, even better would be to extract the round number of the first non zero ante and also the ante value, then the layout cell could display First Ante $100 at Round 9

Anybody got a token expression to generate these two parameters?
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: First Ante Layout Cell Token Expression
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 11:06:49 AM »
There isn't one today, but I could add one for a future version.

Lingel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 04:42:38 PM »
Hey Corey, adding a native expression to derive the first round in which antes appear would be great. Here is another expression we are trying to derive.  We have a tourney we call Double Stack.  In this tourney, you can buyin a single stack for $X dollars or a double stack for $2X, like wise, you can rebuy a single or a double stack.  We would like a layout cell to display the number of double buyins and rebuys.

One approach would be to work with TD variables for the parameters in the Buy In and Rebuy game tab profiles (a really spectacular new feature).  Does TD already have defined system variables for these parameters, example, Master profile buy in = $30, and Double Stack profile buy in = $60.  If we could pull these values into variables, we could do some kind of IFEQ logic on them and get our expression evaluated.

We really like 3.2.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 11:36:16 AM »
Hey Corey, adding a native expression to derive the first round in which antes appear would be great.

I added FirstAnteRound and FirstAnteAmount.

Here is another expression we are trying to derive.  We have a tourney we call Double Stack.  In this tourney, you can buyin a single stack for $X dollars or a double stack for $2X, like wise, you can rebuy a single or a double stack.  We would like a layout cell to display the number of double buyins and rebuys.

One approach would be to work with TD variables for the parameters in the Buy In and Rebuy game tab profiles (a really spectacular new feature).  Does TD already have defined system variables for these parameters, example, Master profile buy in = $30, and Double Stack profile buy in = $60.  If we could pull these values into variables, we could do some kind of IFEQ logic on them and get our expression evaluated.

I agree, and I briefly considered how to do this when I implemented the buy-in/rebuy/add-on profiles.  Creating layout tokens that allow access to these variables is not too difficult, and I can do this if there's interest.  For example, there is already a layout token <buyin>.  I could add an attribute profile:

<buyin profile="Master">

or

<buyin profile="Double Stack">

Adding formula variables is quite a bit trickier.  There's no variable type in the TD's formula evaluation code that would allow for arbitrary selection of a profile name.  I might be able to do it with a formula function.  I'll have to look into it.

We really like 3.2.

Really glad to hear it!   I've still got a huge list of improvements and I hope to continue to be able to implement many of them.