Author Topic: Seating Chart Question  (Read 5015 times)

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Seating Chart Question
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 03:06:47 PM »
the box shouldn't be there just the table(s)    did you click apply at the Table Image screen,   the screen that you add tables to bottom left (use for all tables ) should have a check
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 04:40:47 PM by TIMMER »

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 05:05:06 PM »
I have even load a new download of TD on my laptop and did nothing but load the default temp. and loaded table, players, etc. I then loaded the table image into the software and I get now text on the table...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 05:06:51 PM »
The Table Images feature allows you to mix and match different table images, including the default "box" format.  On the Table Images dialog, you have 2 table images defined, so the dialog looks like this:

The first line (001: <none>) represents what will be used for the first table in your defined Tables, and the second line (002: <DataStore>\templates\RacetrackTenSeatTableBlueprintLarge.xml) represents what will be used for the second table in your defined tables.  Since the first line has no table blueprint listed (i.e., it is "<none>"), then the default "box" format is used.  The second one is referencing a table blueprint.  This is why you see a "box" table and a table image on your Seating Chart page.

Since you've only got one table defined on your Tables tab, you only see players seated at the first table on the Seating Chart page, which happens to be the "box" table.  Add a second table on the Tables tab and seat someone at it and you'll see them show up on the table image on the Seating Chart page.

Go back and delete the first table on the Table Images dialog.  That will sort it out.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 06:41:41 PM »
Here's a question for ya - are you looking to change the image for the tables TAB or tables SCREEN? cause i'm pretty sure that it's not possible for the tab...
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 07:02:40 PM »
The Table Images feature allows you to mix and match different table images, including the default "box" format.  On the Table Images dialog, you have 2 table images defined, so the dialog looks like this:

The first line (001: <none>) represents what will be used for the first table in your defined Tables, and the second line (002: <DataStore>\templates\RacetrackTenSeatTableBlueprintLarge.xml) represents what will be used for the second table in your defined tables.  Since the first line has no table blueprint listed (i.e., it is "<none>"), then the default "box" format is used.  The second one is referencing a table blueprint.  This is why you see a "box" table and a table image on your Seating Chart page.

Since you've only got one table defined on your Tables tab, you only see players seated at the first table on the Seating Chart page, which happens to be the "box" table.  Add a second table on the Tables tab and seat someone at it and you'll see them show up on the table image on the Seating Chart page.

Go back and delete the first table on the Table Images dialog.  That will sort it out.

Corey, I did what you said. I made another table seated and bought players in. I deleted one of the tables and this is now what I have.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2010, 10:13:52 PM »
That's because you selected a GIF file (an image file).  I know it can be confusing.  The Table Images dialog allows you to display your tables in 3 different ways:

(1) If you leave an entry blank, the table will be displayed in the standard "box" format.
(2) If you select an image file (.gif, .jpg, .png, etc), the table will be displayed in the standard "box" format, but the selected image will be used as the background (this is what you are seeing in your last posted screen shot).
(3) If you select a table blueprint file (.xml), the table will be displayed according to the blueprint.

You want to select a blueprint file.  When you press the Browse... button on the Table Images dialog to select a file, it *should* automatically open to your "templates" folder, which is where the blueprints that come with the software are stored, and the "Files of type" selection should have "XML Files" selected.  Thus, without doing anything (changing folders or the file type), you should immediately see the dozen or so blueprints that come with the software.

Viper

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2010, 11:27:59 PM »
That's because you selected a GIF file (an image file).  I know it can be confusing.  The Table Images dialog allows you to display your tables in 3 different ways:

(1) If you leave an entry blank, the table will be displayed in the standard "box" format.
(2) If you select an image file (.gif, .jpg, .png, etc), the table will be displayed in the standard "box" format, but the selected image will be used as the background (this is what you are seeing in your last posted screen shot).
(3) If you select a table blueprint file (.xml), the table will be displayed according to the blueprint.

You want to select a blueprint file.  When you press the Browse... button on the Table Images dialog to select a file, it *should* automatically open to your "templates" folder, which is where the blueprints that come with the software are stored, and the "Files of type" selection should have "XML Files" selected.  Thus, without doing anything (changing folders or the file type), you should immediately see the dozen or so blueprints that come with the software.

That did the trick... Corey is all this covered  in the help files?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 10:08:25 AM »
Yes.  28.2 Configuring Images for Tables.

It's a long user manual.  But that's what you get with software that has as many features and options as the Tournament Director.  Plus, I'm no writer.