Author Topic: Magnetic card reader  (Read 1464 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Magnetic card reader
« on: June 08, 2011, 07:22:05 PM »
I started using a magnetic card reader tonight and when entering the player's ID that is embedded into the magnetic strip, the number comes up with a % leading and a trailing ?
Does anybody know a way to just have the number read and not the the extra data?
Or at the least...the ability to export to csv the data without the ? and %

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Magnetic card reader
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 05:43:33 PM »
This is likely configurable using the software for the card reader.  I'm really not familiar with them (at all), but in my day job we use various hand scanners and most have drivers or other software that allows them to be configured in different ways, sending different data along with the scanned value(s).

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »
Thanks Corey. My card reader didnt ship with any CD's. The software was available online. Installed it and it did what I needed.

Charvey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 02:39:15 PM »
Jody,

Can I ask what you use the card reader for? Do you issue the players a card? How do you link the card reader into TD?

Thanks

Chris

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:09:57 PM »
Our club (Playground Poker Club) runs both cash games and tournaments. We use the Bravo Poker Tracking Software from Genesis to run our cash games and TD2 for our tournaments. The players are issued a member card to track their playing time on our cash game tables and have their ID number encoded in the magnetic strip. I use those same cards for our tournaments. A bit of work was needed. I had to go through my DB of players (which I am still doing after several days) and enter their ID numbers into TD. This allows me to A) cross reference players between cash and tournaments for tracking and B) ensure that I register the right player into the tournament (we use points and here in Quebec there are many players who have the same first and last name so by using the card, I am guaranteed to enter the right player)
just as a quick example, there are four people that share the name Stephane Boucher...