Author Topic: points issue  (Read 1482 times)

tassin06

• View Profile
points issue
« on: June 23, 2011, 09:33:10 AM »
I run a league that has 20 players. 20th gets2 points to 1st getting 40 ..... I use (n-r+1)*2
The problem I have is if someone misses they get a 0, how do I assign the 0 and at the end there was a 3 way chop each getting 38 points again how do assign this ?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: points issue
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 10:10:32 AM »
The problem I have is if someone misses they get a 0, how do I assign the 0

Do you mean how if someone misses a tournament?  If they miss a tournament, they get no points.  Or is it me that is missing something?

... and at the end there was a 3 way chop each getting 38 points again how do assign this ?

Each player in the chop received the same rank.  The formula works on each player's rank, so they should have each received the same number of points.  I don't know why they each got 38 points, because in a 20 person tournament, 1st place should receive 40 points according to your formula, and the final 3 players chopping would have chopped for 1st place.  But I guess that's a different matter.

If you don't want each player to get points for 1st place, you'll have to assign them different ranks.  When you chop, you can assign ranks in the right-most column.  You can edit a chop from the Prizes tab.

tassin06

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 12:35:07 PM »
Sorry let me clarify this a little bit. If someone misses a week they get 0 points and if there is a chop at the end they split everything down the middle so 3 way chop gives 38 points to each. Should I use a different formula or is there a way to manually insert the points after each tournament?

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 01:36:22 PM »
Hotkey for CHOP is Ctrl+L or put a tdbutton on your screen for chops, then you can set each players chop from there. and for the know show points, if your not playing no points  ( donothing )          <tdbutton type="chop" text="Chop" inheritFont="true">
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:50:46 PM by TIMMER »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 03:25:50 PM »
Sorry let me clarify this a little bit. If someone misses a week they get 0 points and if there is a chop at the end they split everything down the middle so 3 way chop gives 38 points to each. Should I use a different formula or is there a way to manually insert the points after each tournament?

If someone misses a week they get 0 points.  That's the way it will work now so you shouldn't have to do anything.

If your formula is (n-r+1) * 2, then the points for a 20 player tournament would be:

1st: 40
2nd: 38
3rd: 36
4th: 34
38th: 6
39th: 4
40th: 2

When the final 3 players decide to chop, they will all, by default, be ranked as 1st place, since they are all chopping 1st place.  Your points formula will award those players 40 points each.  I'm not sure why you keep saying 38 points, unless that's what you *want* to award them instead of 40 points.  In that case, you would need to edit each player on the Players dialog and adjust their points by -2 (negative 2).

and if there is a chop at the end they split everything down the middle so 3 way chop gives 38 points to each

40 points split 3 ways down the middle is not 38 points each.  Again, I must be missing something.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 05:17:20 PM »
Corey, wouldn't it take 1st through 3rd, add the points, and divide that by 3, to get the 38 that they're seeing?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 10:29:05 AM »
No, the Points for Playing formula takes no notice of chops.  The players in the chops will all be ranked 1 (unless specified otherwise), so the formula will get 1 for the value of "r".

Had the points been awarded using a prize, then yes, the chop would have divided the points.