Author Topic: chips token misaligned  (Read 3018 times)

dullgeek

• View Profile
chips token misaligned
« on: July 14, 2014, 11:38:53 PM »
I use the chips token as follows.

Code: [Select]
<chips size="60" columns="5" width="150" values="bottom">

Unfortunately, the labels are not centered as shown in the screenshot. Is there something I can do to get them centered? This same token (configured identically) worked with the labels centered in V2, but in V3 they're offset as shown below. Anything I can do to fix this?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: chips token misaligned
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 12:04:35 AM »
Actually the text is centered.  It's the chips that are not.  I can't confirm whether or not this was the case in version 2 right now, but I'll make a note to see if this has been broken.

So, the chips are left-aligned while the chip values are centered.  You can't fix this completely, but you can make it a little better by changing the width attribute to a size closer to the actual width of the chip images.  Of course, this will bring the chips closer together, but that's the trade-off for now I guess.

dullgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 12:52:42 AM »
This is what it looks like in V2.

Yeah I tried reducing the width and that worked, but I didn't like how it looked overall. So I'm just going to leave it like this for now.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 03:40:17 PM »
It looks like this *technically* broke in 3.2, because before that the chips were centered.  There were definitely changes made in that version to how certain tokens that used tables were generated.  But oddly I can't see how it worked before, because there's nothing there to make the chips centered, just the text, just as it is in 3.3, yet clearly they are centered.  I'll file a bug.