Author Topic: Crash at 00:01  (Read 747 times)

Akentut

• View Profile
Crash at 00:01
« on: October 05, 2016, 03:11:44 PM »
OK don't know what happened, but my timer quit at one second to go. Restarted and same happen with next blind.

I was running 3.4b2 then changed to 3.4B1 and now to ver 3.3. All do the same thing. Stop clock at one second to go and crashes if I try to do anything.

Running windows 10 with no other programs installed except Screen Beam which I use for broadcasting to another screen in another room. THis was working perfectly with version 2, and for a while with 3.4b2.

Akentut

• View Profile
Re: Crash at 00:01
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 03:28:18 PM »
Trouble shooting this, found cumulative update on win10 KB3194496 installed 9/30/2016 and I'm uninstalling it now to see if this was the culprit.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 03:50:31 PM »
Do sounds work or cause any issues?  There's nothing significant about 1-second to go except that there's likely to be an event (a sound player, most likely).

Akentut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 10:13:48 PM »
Corey, I posted in beta this issue. The slow issue and freeze issue are now gone. I uninstalled the cumulative updatehttp://www.microsoft.com/?kbid=3164496 and all my issues have gone. I will test more and run a simulated tournament tomorrow and see how things run. It should run approx. 3 hrs. I have also disabled windows updates.

The list of files is conciderable. So I don't think i'm going to trouble shoot. As for sounds, I do have those as well, but they work ok now too. I could make some installs possibly the DLLs and see what if any cause problems, or see if MS changed any sound files, like Groove.

Alan
PS. I used to be a programmer years ago and used many DLL's from MS. So, I may find something.